Author Topic: US is the greatest threat to world peace  (Read 1871 times)

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
US is the greatest threat to world peace
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »
The US was the overwhelming choice (24% of respondents) for the country that represents the greatest threat to peace in the world today. This was followed by Pakistan (8%), China (6%), North Korea, Israel and Iran (5%). Respondents in Russia (54%), China (49%) and Bosnia (49%) were the most fearful of the US as a threat.

That poll is a few years old however I suspect that the results would be much higher today

The True Face of the United States has been revealed for what it is. God bless America

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: US is the greatest threat to world peace
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »
That sentiment towards the U.S. is nothing new. I don't know how far back it goes, but it's been like that since at least the early 2000's.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
The US was the overwhelming choice (24% of respondents) for the country that represents the greatest threat to peace in the world today. This was followed by Pakistan (8%), China (6%), North Korea, Israel and Iran (5%). Respondents in Russia (54%), China (49%) and Bosnia (49%) were the most fearful of the US as a threat.

That poll is a few years old however I suspect that the results would be much higher today

Which means even the great President Obama was a threat to world peace? Amazing, can't imagine why.  ::)

I know we were also considered a huge threat back during the Bush years as well. Of course, he did launch two major wars during his Presidency....

This is another type of poll that would be kind of fun to "drill into" in all reality. Is the United States the greatest threat to world peace because of it "taking action" or because of it "refusing to take action." The joys of being a super power, if conflict breaks out because you don't intervene, you're damned for doing nothing(or "not enough"), and if conflict breaks out because you DO intervene, you're damned for participating in the conflict.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
...and on a bit of further reflection. From a "Peace through Strength" perspective, that poll can also be reinterpreted as the world acknowledging that the United States is the single most important factor in ensuring/protecting world peace. Both for good, and for ill.  8)

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
...and on a bit of further reflection. From a "Peace through Strength" perspective, that poll can also be reinterpreted as the world acknowledging that the United States is the single most important factor in ensuring/protecting world peace. Both for good, and for ill.  8)

What are the sunglasses there supposed to imply?