Author Topic: Hurrican Florence  (Read 1161 times)

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
Hurrican Florence
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »
Our thoughts and prayers to those in Hurricane Florence's path, especially to our generous host.  Hope you and yours are not unduly affected.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Hurrican Florence
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »
If you are fascinated by storms like I am, you might find it interesting to access various public (not hacked) security cameras in the path. Here's one, the website has thousands from all over.

Jacksonville

I'm hoping NOT to see any humans out there, that would be horrible.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:40:37 AM »
Since no one has managed to mention President Trump yet in this thread, I suppose I should bring up that back in Florence was just a tropical breeze, Donald Trump tried to grab her by the

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:36:06 AM »
pete...

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »
 Drake, I live right on the border between Georgia and South Carolina. My cars in the shop, and my roommate is either off his bipolar but meds or he’s relapsed on math. In short, I am living through the tropical version of the shining. I need to find humor where I can. My next laugh may be my last.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »
Well, all I can say is that, if your roommate has relapsed, I hope he's only doing the weak stuff, like algebra or simple trig.  If you see him doing integrals across the imaginary plane, I'd suggest you get out of there right away, storm or no storm.  There's no telling what he'd do next!  :o

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:51:11 PM »
I'm sorry, Pete. About the hurricane sure, but also because you live on the border of Georgia and South Carolina.  ;D

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »
Why do they make reporters stand in a hurricane to tell us about the hurricane? Is it sadism or is there an actual point?

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 04:28:59 PM »
I wonder how many confederate statues are being washed away? :D