Author Topic: The Meuller Report  (Read 167371 times)

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
The Meuller Report
« on: March 22, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »
This it!  Oh my god, it’s happening!

The one thing we know for sure, no more indictments. Bottom line: not one single American was charged, indicted or convicted for conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election - not even a low-level volunteer. The number is zero. The whole point of the thing was to get Russian collusion established - don’t deny it, I know some of you will try. So that’s a bust, a major bust. Getting a few guys on tax dodging or lying to the FBI (only a crime if you’re a Republican) is nothing, Democrats  that routinely. Indicting a few Russians to add some window dressing to the whole thing is, again, nothing.

The timing is perhaps a little telling. After 5 pm on a Friday on what may arguably be the biggest sports weekend of the year.  It virtually guarantees a soft launch for the report. After all the leaks, I’m going to be surprised if there’s anything of value in there, it would have neen leaked. Prediction: the media and democrats will once again join forces to tell us ”It's What's Not In Mueller's Report That Is Important”.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: The Meuller Report
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:58:37 PM »
A panel on CNN’s Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer reacted live on air to news that the Mueller report has concluded and resulted in no new indictments by admitting that President Trump has won a “huge victory.”

He’s been vindicated by them,” Evan Pérez said of President Trump and the Mueller report

“And then he’s now vindicated, exactly,” Gloria Borger said.

“You know–how do you manage that politically? I mean, we obviously can’t jump the gun here. We have to see what comes out from Barr, and what’s in the report. But if I’m at Mar-A-Lago with the president, as Pamela has been reporting, the lawyers are … that I would be very happy,” she added.

Later, a panel member concluded that the Mueller report was in fact a “huge victory” for President Trump.

“A couple of victories here,” CNN’s Shimon Prokupecz said.

“The president did not have to sit down for an interview. They were so concerned about that, because he’d get caught up in lies–and there’d be perjury traps. Okay, so that’s now over. No more people being indicted. Sealed, unsealed–no more indictments. Mueller is done. Huge victory for the president,” he said.

Special counsel Robert Mueller concluded the Russia investigation and turned over his report to Attorney General Willian Barr Friday afternoon. According to multiple reports, there will be no further indictments in the report, sealed or unsealed.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 01:36:09 AM »
Crunch,

The one thing we know for sure, no more indictments. Bottom line: not one single American was charged, indicted or convicted for conspiring with Russia to influence the 2016 election - not even a low-level volunteer. The number is zero.

There will be no new indictments 'in the report', but there are still sealed indictments (26?), that we don't know who the indictments are against or what they are for, and further indictments can be brought after the report.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:46:14 AM by LetterRip »

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 08:55:45 AM »
From CNBC, emphasis mine:

Special counsel Robert Mueller has concluded his investigation and will not file any more indictments in connection with his inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, NBC News reported on Friday, citing a senior U.S. law enforcement official. There are no sealed indictments.

It is possible that leads uncovered during the special counsel’s inquiry and handed off could lead to charges brought by state prosecutors or other parts of the Department of Justice. But Mueller has no more indictments waiting under seal, and he will not recommend any further indictments, multiple outlets reported.

Who is telling you there are so many sealed indictments? Virtually every media outlet I’ve seen is reporting the same thing as NBC News and CNBC, hence the “multiple outlets reported”. Where are you getting this?

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 09:42:31 AM »
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Friday that his panel will subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller if more details regarding his report on possible collusion between the 2016 Trump campaign and Russia is required.

Threatening to subpoena Mueller now? 

I’m literally laughing out loud

Democrats also want to subpoena the “full report”. For you armchair lawyers, here’s the thing; this report contains grand jury testimony which is always sealed from public review. It can, in rare cases, be opened up but the odds are incredibly long. Also, this report almost certainly contains classified material that cannot be exposed, including sources and means.

I will be shocked if the “full report” is ever made available. At most, we’ll see a redacted, possibly heavily, version. And that, kids, is when this conspiracy theory will get into jet contrail/nazi base dark side of the moon, territory. It’s nearly there already.

It’s gonna be magical.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 10:37:14 AM »

It isn't a threat, it was always intended to subpeona Mueller to insure that the public gets all parts of the report that can be lawfully released. 

Regarding the NBC report of no indictments under seal and there will be no new indictments, it was from an anonymous source in the justice department.  It is amusing that you 100% trust anonymous sources from within the justice department now :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:41:21 AM by LetterRip »

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »

It isn't a threat, it was always intended to subpeona Mueller to insure that the public gets all parts of the report that can be lawfully released. 

Bull*censored*. Pure bull*censored*.

Regarding the NBC report of no indictments under seal and there will be no new indictments, it was from an anonymous source in the justice department.  It is amusing that you 100% trust anonymous sources from within the justice department now :)
Riiight. So, in other words, you don’t want to say where the idea came from about all those sealed indictments you imagine are out there for Trump. I know where you got it, I really do. That’s why I also know that you don’t want to say. Come on, let it all out.

You’re gonna demand I tell you where you got it so you can then deny it. I’ll throw out a hint, back youa little further into that corner : August - September last year
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 11:05:52 AM by Crunch »

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »

Well you clearly haven't been paying attention.  Here is a discussion of the matter from a month ago,

Representative Adam B. Schiff, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said on Sunday that House Democrats were prepared to go to court to force the release of the final report from the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and subpoena Mr. Mueller to testify if it was not made public.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/24/us/politics/adam-schiff-trump-mueller-report.html

I've read discussions on Quora on this topic for about a year.  So you apparently live in your own fact free bubble.

Riiight. So, in other words, you don’t want to say where the idea came from about all those sealed indictments you imagine are out there for Trump.

No, not in other words.  Please don't attribute things to me based on your paranoid delusions.  I read about the sealed indictments on quora, but don't recall the specific thread and since you aren't someone to whom facts matter I don't really feel the need to try and dig them up.

The last mention I recall is actually from a few weeks ago,

https://hillreporter.com/4-new-sealed-dockets-filed-in-d-c-court-could-indicate-impending-indictments-in-mueller-case-23089

The source is  https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/1091078420694392832 and you can see a list of the sealed indictments in a comment.

Here is a direct link to the list of sealed indictments, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyRT_gCX0AEkQRV.jpg:large

Not sure what source you think I might be using.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 01:41:14 AM »
So, I love how Pelosi evidently thinks that Congress should only be given the Unclassified version of the Report. Evidently she thinks they can't handle the Classified version?

Also taking odds that most of the "Russia" part of the Report is going to end up classified for valid national security reasons.

It's also likely a fair bit of the "supporting material" for the Trump portion of the investigation will end up being withheld for Privacy Reasons. Just because Mueller's team took a deep dive into the finances of several of Trump's close associates doesn't mean the DNC, or CNN, needs access to everything they discovered in the course of their "investigation" seeking finance ties back to Russia.

Which actually leaves me thinking the Public Version of the Mueller Report is actually going to be rather insubstantial when compared to rest of it. But oh man, I expect there's going a be a number of people who are going to be laughing over the next few days. The only question is what they'll laughing about, and which side gets to laugh about what. Based on the "no further recommended indictments" I'm suspecting it's going to be a laugh-fest for the Republicans and Trump. We'll see soon enough I guess.

And in the meantime Democrats will start complaining about all of those "undisclosed documents" from the Mueller team.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 09:51:07 AM »

Well you clearly haven't been paying attention.  Here is a discussion of the matter from a month ago,
A month ago. Always is just a bit longer than a month. I’ve no doubt subpoenaing Mueller was floated in the last few weeks, as in “if we don’t get Trump with this, we can always subpoena mueller”. But you’re making out that there were plans to subpoena mueller since 2017. We all know that’s not true.

I've read discussions on Quora on this topic for about a year.  So you apparently live in your own fact free bubble.

You read an online forum. For a year. Ok, wow. I didn’t realize you’d read it on the internet.  ;D

Riiight. So, in other words, you don’t want to say where the idea came from about all those sealed indictments you imagine are out there for Trump.

No, not in other words.  Please don't attribute things to me based on your paranoid delusions.  I read about the sealed indictments on quora, but don't recall the specific thread and since you aren't someone to whom facts matter I don't really feel the need to try and dig them up.

The last mention I recall is actually from a few weeks ago,

https://hillreporter.com/4-new-sealed-dockets-filed-in-d-c-court-could-indicate-impending-indictments-in-mueller-case-23089

The source is  https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/1091078420694392832 and you can see a list of the sealed indictments in a comment.

Here is a direct link to the list of sealed indictments, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyRT_gCX0AEkQRV.jpg:large

Not sure what source you think I might be using.

That is what I was thinking, nailed it. So here’s why a year of reading quora is more of a joke than anything else, you’re being lead by these people to think that the sealed indictments are connected to the Mueller investigation based on .... nothing more than wishful thinking.

You have to understand that sealed indictments are not public, none of those people making you think they know what sealed indictments contain actually know anything. These sealed indictments may have nothing to do with the mueller report or its investigation. In fact, since it’s being reported that there are no sealed indictments related to the investigation by multiple sources and outlets, it almost certainly means that those indictments random people on an internet discussion forum are either lying to you or don’t understand how sealed indictments work either.

Dude, seriously, don’t use random, anonymous, people on internet fora as replacement for finding out how these things work.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 10:06:42 AM »
But oh man, I expect there's going a be a number of people who are going to be laughing over the next few days. The only question is what they'll laughing about, and which side gets to laugh about what. Based on the "no further recommended indictments" I'm suspecting it's going to be a laugh-fest for the Republicans and Trump. We'll see soon enough I guess.

Based on Maddow’s teary report and Matthews disbelief, I think your suspicions are spot on. Twitter is hysterical right now as MSM reporters and other leftists melt down. These people were invested in this investigation being the silver bullet to overturn the 2016 election, they’re really losing it.

And in the meantime Democrats will start complaining about all of those "undisclosed documents" from the Mueller team.
Conspiracy theorists alway have what they think is proof being withheld by secretive government officials.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 11:12:08 AM »
A month ago. Always is just a bit longer than a month.

I proved you wrong (as you usually are), I didn't bother with older sources, because that was convenient.

I’ve no doubt subpoenaing Mueller was floated in the last few weeks, as in “if we don’t get Trump with this, we can always subpoena mueller”.

Again inaccuracy.  Once there was concern that AG Barr might interfere it became more of a concern, but it was largely an idea 'in the atmosphere' for quite some time.

That is what I was thinking, nailed it.

No that isn't what you were thinking, it is directly contracted by your speculation that proves quite clearly that that absolutely wasn't what you were thinking.  Please don't do such bold faced lies.

So here’s why a year of reading quora is more of a joke than anything else, you’re being lead by these people to think that the sealed indictments are connected to the Mueller investigation based on .... nothing more than wishful thinking.

The sealed indictments are likely connected to Mueller based on where they were filed.  Not all the sealed indictments are connected to Mueller and some of the ones tracked might be wrong.

You have to understand that sealed indictments are not public, none of those people making you think they know what sealed indictments contain actually know anything. These sealed indictments may have nothing to do with the mueller report or its investigation.

I'm familiar with the nature of sealed indictment.  As are those doing the reporting.

In fact, since it’s being reported that there are no sealed indictments related to the investigation by multiple sources and outlets, it almost certainly means that those indictments random people on an internet discussion forum are either lying to you or don’t understand how sealed indictments work either.

As far as I can tell it is one anonymous source repeated by multiple outlets.  The reporting seems a bit muddied saying there will be "no new indictments in the report".  The claim of "no sealed indictments" seems dubious since we know of the presence of at least one existing sealed indictment against Julian Assange that was accidentally revealed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/assange-usa/u-s-prosecutors-get-indictment-against-wikileaks-assange-court-document-idUSL2N1XR04A

So it is at least unclear as to the accuracy of the claim of "no sealed indictments".  If the source is in error, or if the reporter misunderstood, etc.  Or perhaps the indictment against Assange wasn't done by a member of Mueller's team (Or perhaps it is a coincidence of someone else having the same last name as Julian Assange having a sealed indictment against them and it is totally unrelated).

So while I think it possible remaining sealed indictements have nothing to do with the Mueller investigation, I don't think we have any reason to be certain that they don't and at least one pretty strong reason to believe that at least one does.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 11:22:46 AM by LetterRip »

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 11:25:46 AM »
minor addition - "(Or perhaps it is a coincidence of someone else having the same last name as Julian Assange having a sealed indictment against them and it is totally unrelated)." - I included that for completeness but if you read the wording of the text (included in the Reuters article I linked) I think it is impossible to conclude that the sealed indictment is for anyone other than Julian Assange.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 12:27:41 PM »
Uh, if sealed indictments have already been delivered to the courts, then those indictments are already underway. They're not "new" and will no longer be able to a "new" moniker going forward. The most that could be said at some point is that they're "newly made public."

But as it stands, it looks like Trump and his immediate family has no pending litigation underway, and it is sounding like no further legal prosecution is advised.

Which isn't to say impeachment couldn't still be on the table, as SCotUS and numerous other authorities have previously held the position that  Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. So just because there isn't a legal basis wouldn't rule out a political reason. Except Pelosi herself has walked away from Impeaching Trump as well, "He's not worth it" anymore.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »
WASHINGTON, March 24 (Reuters) - Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian meddling in the 2016 election did not find that any U.S. or Trump campaign officials knowingly conspired with Russia, according to details released on Sunday.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »
Uh, if sealed indictments have already been delivered to the courts, then those indictments are already underway. They're not "new" and will no longer be able to a "new" moniker going forward. The most that could be said at some point is that they're "newly made public."

Careful, you could become the target of Quora fueled poutrage.  :o

But as it stands, it looks like Trump and his immediate family has no pending litigation underway, and it is sounding like no further legal prosecution is advised.

Which isn't to say impeachment couldn't still be on the table, as SCotUS and numerous other authorities have previously held the position that  Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. So just because there isn't a legal basis wouldn't rule out a political reason. Except Pelosi herself has walked away from Impeaching Trump as well, "He's not worth it" anymore.

If the Democrats attempt impeachment for something we now know never happened, it’ll never fly and they’ll be severely punished by voters in 2020. Pelosi knows this and is trying to avoid that particular disaster (obviously she doesn’t read Quora where there’s unequivocal proof of Orange Man Bad).

Personally, I’d love to see democrats start impeachment proceedings. It would be incredible to watch them commit electoral suicide.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »
WASHINGTON, March 24 (Reuters) - Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian meddling in the 2016 election did not find that any U.S. or Trump campaign officials knowingly conspired with Russia, according to details released on Sunday.
Also
Unfortunately, the report then says that they did not evaluate, at all, whether he obstructed justice by firing Comey and leaves that open for the AG to decide. The Democrats and media and NeverTrump conspiracy theorists will seize on this.

The AG has announced that he and Deputy AG Rosenstein have considered the issue and have decided that there is no case for obstruction of justice, but Mueller has deliberately left this open to give his Democrat and media pals room to rumble.

Complete, total, vindication.

The whole collusion thing was fake news.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 04:19:28 PM »

If the Democrats attempt impeachment for something we now know never happened,

There is a difference between strong enough evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt and "never happened".

If no indictment occurs it doesn't necessarily mean "never happened" just that he doesn't think the evidence rises to a level that a successful prosecution can occur.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:57 PM »
You keep flogging that dog.  LOL

I can honestly say this is almost as good as the night Trump won the election. Twitter is lit AF right now.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 05:19:11 PM »
“It began illegally,” Trump said of the investigation. “And hopefully somebody is going to look at the other side, this was an illegal takedown that failed. And hopefully somebody is going to be looking at the other side. So it’s a complete exoneration, no collusion, no obstruction, thank you very much.”

Yes. Now it’s time to investigate the creators of the hoax and those that fueled it. This was an attempt to overthrow a president. Brennan, Clapper, Schiff et al and all their accomplices on CNN, MSNBC, etc need to be investigated and charged for their serial deceptions.  Burn them all.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »
Also
Unfortunately, the report then says that they did not evaluate, at all, whether he obstructed justice by firing Comey and leaves that open for the AG to decide. The Democrats and media and NeverTrump conspiracy theorists will seize on this.

The AG has announced that he and Deputy AG Rosenstein have considered the issue and have decided that there is no case for obstruction of justice, but Mueller has deliberately left this open to give his Democrat and media pals room to rumble.

Complete, total, vindication.

The whole collusion thing was fake news.

I'd like to see the logic train on that one.

1) The investigation found no evidence of criminal activity after very extensive investigation.
2) This indicates they very likely investigated something which never happened.
3) Attempting to stop an investigation into events that never happened is now going to become a criminal offense("Obstructing Justice").

How does that NOT end up going to very bad places very quickly.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 08:12:02 AM »
On the call, prominent Democrats, including Pelosi, made two important points about the Democratic response to the report: one, that Pelosi and other prominent Democrats and committee leaders will not take any classified briefings in relation to the report, and two, that Congressional investigators, like Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), are peparing to alter their planned investigations into the president, his inner circle, and his business dealings, to include both Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his forthcoming report.

They want to see the full report but will refuse to attend the classified briefings. This is theater. Everyone knows the full report cannot be legally released. Now democrats will pretend there’s a cover up going on.

Which is why Schiff will alter the house investigation to now include Mueller himself. The Democrats are going to investigate Mueller. Now, I’m sure the boys over on Quora are saying the Democrats were always going to investigate mueller but gearing up to investigate the special council since he didn’t deliver the goods is pretty frigging incredible.

This is going over the edge.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 08:21:24 AM »
Which is why Schiff will alter the house investigation to now include Mueller himself. The Democrats are going to investigate Mueller.

Interviewing Mueller to make sure his report wasn't mischaracterized by Barr is not investigating Mueller.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 02:38:26 PM »
Which is why Schiff will alter the house investigation to now include Mueller himself. The Democrats are going to investigate Mueller.

Interviewing Mueller to make sure his report wasn't mischaracterized by Barr is not investigating Mueller.

I would agree with this, but I somehow find it hard to believe the Democrats will be able to restrain themselves to only that.

Evidently even Pelosi seems to be realizing this, as per the "Democrats will only accept non-classified briefings on the report" policy she seems to have decided to invoke.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
Evidently even Pelosi seems to be realizing this, as per the "Democrats will only accept non-classified briefings on the report" policy she seems to have decided to invoke.

This is weird and stupid. Learn everything and if there is some classified bombshell work to get it declassified. I see how it is potentially beneficial politically to allow yourself to talk about what may still be classified but refusing to look at all the facts is just obnoxious. From what I've heard in other interviews I'm not sure the rest of the democrats are on board with this plan.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
The Democrats best play at this point may be to let it go and focus on business.  If they want to beat Trump it won't be by attacking him (his personality)
That said I would love the hear Mueller thoughts

Trump is a winner. The Universe likes him... those that have stood with him don't tend to end well, but like him or hate him, hes a winner.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:53:34 PM by rightleft22 »

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2019, 02:49:10 PM »

Unbelievable. There will be classified briefings, if Democrats would go to them they will find this out. This idea that Barr could or would mischaracterize is it is just a sad grasping at straws.

That being said, I'd love to see the Democrats keep digging this hole, all the way through 2020 elections. They've virtually assured Trump a 2020 victory already, trying to keep this going will only help Trump more.

It's just unreal to watch Democrats so completely implode on so many fronts and do it just over and over again.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2019, 02:53:04 PM »
It's just unreal to watch Democrats so completely implode on so many fronts and do it just over and over again.

It is truly unreal... its... I have no words.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »
You know, I just don't understand it. I joke a lot about Trump Derangement Syndrome but maybe it's real. Has Trump destroyed the Democrat party? Did his winning the presidency break these guys somehow?

I'm completely serious, I just don't understand how they're going down this road. All of them, at one time. Whatever credibility the media had left is gone. I don't care what Trump does at this point, if CNN and all the rest reports it nobody is going to believe. Trump can shout fake news and the majority of people are gonna believe Trump. The MSM has literally destroyed itself in the last 6 months. Seriously, WTF? As much as I enjoy them getting what they deserve, in the long run this could be an incredibly dangerous thing.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2019, 03:12:09 PM »
The Democrats have always had a tenancy to be their own worst enemy... they love to eat their own.
It's gotten worse lately perhaps something to do with the idea of morally superiority?
Whatever you say about Trump a moral role model likely doesn't top the list which may be what so many on the left can't accept???

scifibum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
Of course the Democrats want to see the information in the report and be able to use it politically. This idea that they are going to refuse to know any classified information is a pretty weird spin. Obviously what Pelosi was saying is that they won't be *satisfied* with a gang of eight briefing by itself. This was of course *before* Barr's letter on Sunday.

Crunch is having a good time though, so I guess we should be happy for him.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
No matter how you look at it - its a win for those that support Trump. Personally I still feel that history will uncover the truth about Trump and it won't be kind however that's 15 to 20 years away

I'm almost tempted to check in with CNN to see how the spin the failure of their pendents speculation but can't do it. 

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »
Crunch is having a good time though, so I guess we should be happy for him.

You know, the last few months have been pretty incredible. I keep thinking it’s about t as good as it’s gonna get and the hits just still keep coming. Kavanaugh, Covington Kids, Smollett, it was building up and up. The report dropped and I was blown away, it not only exceeded my expectations but even blew past most my wishful thinking. I think, we’ll, that’s it and then today Avenatti gets arrested. What? I mean, my God, what else is gonna happen!?!?

But no, I’m not having a good time. I’m having a great time. I keep breaking out into laughter. I have a schadenboner so hard you could hang a rack of suits on it.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 06:19:44 PM »
See, this right here is exactly what I’m talking about:
BREAKING: Jussie Smollett Attorney Mark Geragos is alleged co-conspirator with Michael Avenatti.

The dam broke, it keeps coming, it just won’t stop.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »
What I will be most interested in seeing, when the full report is released (assuming Trump doesn't change his mind again), is why the Trump Administration behaved like it did.  Specifically:

* Why did Trump Jr. meet with the Russians at Trump Tower, along with Maniford and Kushner?  What did he really expect to get from the Russians?  What did Maniford and Kushner expect?

* Why did Donald and Jr. lie about what the Trump Tower meeting was really about?  If anyone who thinks they were only expecting to discuss Russian adoptions, I have a nice new bridge to sell you. :)

* Why did Kushner attempt to get a secret phone line through the Russian embassy?

* Why did Trump refuse to allow any American translator listen to his official conversations with Vladimir Putin?

* Why did Maniford share poll data with a man linked to Russian intelligence?  I can't think of a good reason unless it was to help the campaign.

* Why did Mueller categorically state that "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities," but only stated that "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime [regarding obstruction of justice], it also does not exonerate him?"  Why was he so conclusive about one issue, but not the other?  What instances did Mueller considered it possible that Trump obstructed justice? And why did Trump act like he did in those instances?

I am glad that this investigation was done, and that we will have some answers about the Trump Administration's behavior.  But it has yet to clarify the suspicious behaviors that started the investigation.  Hopefully, the full report will provide satisfactory answers.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 03:07:51 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/congressman-quotes-anti-semitic-hitler-012105095.html

“Quote: ‘In the big lie, there is always a certain force of credibility because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature ... and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie,’” Brooks read.

“It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To continue with Mo's line of thinking, this whole Russian collusion thing is the Democrats' attempt at a Reichstag fire, a false flag attack in which they are the ones burning down our faith in our democratic system while they put the blame on their enemies. Just like in Germany, our democracy is indeed under attack, but it is from within. The Democrats aren't just taking war lessons from Hitler either but also throwing in a little Napoleon with their multi-pronged attack by including their plans to pack the Supreme Court, lower the voting age, but most of all facilitate the continuing massive invasion because not enough current American citizens agree with them but the illegal invaders and most importantly their new American children whose parents still have a foreign allegiance will.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2019, 03:24:25 PM »
I'm with Wayward Son
no political motive but Just out of curiosity as the behavior seems odd to me. It was the  "protest too much" that left me wondering more then anything else if their was collusion.
I mean Rudy Giuliani behavior was WTF

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »
But it has yet to clarify the suspicious behaviors that started the investigation. 

Wut? This investigation was not started by any suspicious behavior on the part of the Trump campaign or the Whitehouse. This whole thing was started when corrupt FBI and DOJ officials took Hillary's half baked oppo research and fraudulently obtained FISA orders to conduct the investigations (Stzok's "insurance policy"). This whole thing was kicked off for no other reason than to delegitimize Trump and get him impeached, overturning the election results, literally a coup. Saying this started because of suspicious behavior from Trump or his team is just more gaslighting.

I am glad that this investigation was done, and that we will have some answers about the Trump Administration's behavior. 

Millions spent, lives ruined, what was left of the MSM's credibility utterly destroyed, that's great. This was the third investigation into this, and you still have no answers? What you mean is, you don't have the answers you were promised - specifically, ones that indicted Trump.

Hopefully, the full report will provide satisfactory answers.

You *know* what happens when the report gets released. Come on, stop. Redacted areas will be used as proof for the conspiracy theory. More things will be cherrypicked for you to be gaslighted further into believing something happened that didn't.

This was a scam, that's all it was.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 05:45:52 PM »
I don't fully disagree with you however I find your stance hard to take when I know 'Know' that if the same amount of smoke surrounded a Demarcate you would never stop demanding a investigation.
There was and remains a a stink to Russia "coincidences" over the last few years

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 06:34:47 PM »
If it was a Democrat and the only evidence was Republican oppo research, I might, and I mean might, have some fun with it on a forum like this. It’s so frigging weak that you guys would chew it up in a week. If it was a Democrat, there’s no way this would have seen three investigations, regardless of the demand.  You know it, I know it.

“Coincidences”. That’s how flat earthers and jet contrail wackos talk.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 06:36:54 PM »
But it has yet to clarify the suspicious behaviors that started the investigation. 

Wut? This investigation was not started by any suspicious behavior on the part of the Trump campaign or the Whitehouse. This whole thing was started when corrupt FBI and DOJ officials took Hillary's half baked oppo research and fraudulently obtained FISA orders to conduct the investigations (Stzok's "insurance policy"). This whole thing was kicked off for no other reason than to delegitimize Trump and get him impeached, overturning the election results, literally a coup. Saying this started because of suspicious behavior from Trump or his team is just more gaslighting.

Oh, so you're saying that all these other dubious events happened after the investigation started or came to light while the investigation was underway.  Well, even better that we had an investigation to address them, isn't it? :)

I am glad that this investigation was done, and that we will have some answers about the Trump Administration's behavior. 

Millions spent, lives ruined, what was left of the MSM's credibility utterly destroyed, that's great. This was the third investigation into this, and you still have no answers? What you mean is, you don't have the answers you were promised - specifically, ones that indicted Trump.

What we were promised was a thorough and unbiased investigation by a respected Republican former-head of the FBI.  I still assume that was what we got, in spite of all the rhetoric and unsubstantiated slander from the Right Wing Media.  Which is why I want to see the results, so I can judge for myself, and not rely on unreliable interpreters like you.

The bottom line is I want to why such suspicious behavior was actually innocent.  How did it look so bad?  What was the real motivation behind these suspicious acts?  That's something that the Right cannot answer, because they are so blinded by their partisanship that they cannot even recognize how bad it all looked.  I am hopeful that Mueller would be able to explain it now.

And while you like to comfort yourself about how the "MSM's credibility" was "utterly destroyed," I wonder where you will get your information in the future, since the Right Wing Media never had an ounce of it.  :P

Hopefully, the full report will provide satisfactory answers.

You *know* what happens when the report gets released. Come on, stop. Redacted areas will be used as proof for the conspiracy theory. More things will be cherrypicked for you to be gaslighted further into believing something happened that didn't.

This was a scam, that's all it was.

I realize you are basing your expectations of the future based on what Republicans have done during the last Administration.  And I'm sure there are those who will do precisely what you expect.  But we still have Mueller's own words to refer to.  Since everyone on the Left and the Right seems to believe him (the Left before the report came out, the Right now :) ), I think his insight into these events will be illuminating. 

Yes, parts will be redacted and people will interpret those redactions in all sorts of ways.  Which is why you should be supporting Pelosi's request that the report be released unredacted, to thwart those who would scam us with them.  But, of course, you won't because--you know, she's a Democrat.  :o

The thing is, Crunch, Trump is a liar, a con-man and a fool, and this report hasn't changed any of that.  You knew these things when you voted for him, and he has proven them time and again since.  Why you are so adamant about believing him is beyond me.  Yes, these particular accusations apparently are not true.  We'll know just how much they are untrue when the report comes out.  But if you think he's done nothing wrong, well, more the fool are you.  Eventually he will slip up, and we intend to nail him then, if only at the next election.  Because our country deserves someone better than this automobile-wreak of a President and presidency.

And if you think this attitude is horrible and terrible and we should be ashamed of ourselves--where were you during the last Administration, when all this and more was being heaped on Obama, for far less reason?  ???

You don't like it when the opposition has no respect for the President?  Well, you should have spoken up when it happened the previous time.  And you shouldn't have elected a President that richly deserves such scorn.

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2019, 07:49:52 PM »
Let's just say that as a Democrat, I find Trump's strategy of swamp draining particularly curious.  I guess he wanted a front row seat.  Maybe his ex staffers can sue for entrapment?  :)

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2019, 03:03:05 AM »

Wut? This investigation was not started by any suspicious behavior on the part of the Trump campaign or the Whitehouse. 
 This whole thing was started when corrupt FBI and DOJ officials took Hillary's half baked oppo research and fraudulently obtained FISA orders to conduct the investigations (Stzok's "insurance policy").

Actually it started with Papadopolous telling a foreign diplomat that the Trump campaign was getting material stolen from the Democrats from Russia. 

This whole thing was kicked off for no other reason than to delegitimize Trump and get him impeached, overturning the election results, literally a coup. Saying this started because of suspicious behavior from Trump or his team is just more gaslighting.

It started before the election at a time where almost everyone, including Trump and his entire campaign staff, thought that Trump would lose.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2019, 07:16:19 AM »
"Did not establish that there was" is not equivalent to "established that there was not".  I get why the 24-hour news cycle requires immediate response and drama, though. This does give some information, but without access to the details in the report, it's still looking at tea leaves.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2019, 08:00:56 AM »

Wut? This investigation was not started by any suspicious behavior on the part of the Trump campaign or the Whitehouse. 
 This whole thing was started when corrupt FBI and DOJ officials took Hillary's half baked oppo research and fraudulently obtained FISA orders to conduct the investigations (Stzok's "insurance policy").

Actually it started with Papadopolous telling a foreign diplomat that the Trump campaign was getting material stolen from the Democrats from Russia. 

This whole thing was kicked off for no other reason than to delegitimize Trump and get him impeached, overturning the election results, literally a coup. Saying this started because of suspicious behavior from Trump or his team is just more gaslighting.

It started before the election at a time where almost everyone, including Trump and his entire campaign staff, thought that Trump would lose.

Everything tou just said is fake news, it’s been disproven. How do you not know that? I guess it never came up n Quora.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »
So much fake news. Except for the parts where people connected to the Trump campaign lied about which Russians they met with, when they met with them, why they met with them. Trump on camera inviting Russia to hack Hillary's email. I will accept the result of the investigation, but lets not pretend it didn't look like something shady was going on.

It reminds me of Saddam Hussein and the WMD. Turns out, he definitively didn't have any. But he acted like he did, fought inspections, and acted belligerent.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2019, 04:26:31 PM »
What would have happened if Mueller found Trump guilty of colluding, obstructing justice and being a traitor?

The deep state realizing the harm such a finding would be convinced Mueller to doctor his report, the truth of which will be revealed after Trump term in office 

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »
What would have happened if Mueller found Trump guilty of colluding, obstructing justice and being a traitor?

The deep state realizing the harm such a finding would be convinced Mueller to doctor his report, the truth of which will be revealed after Trump term in office

See, nobody can tell if you're kidding. There are people seriously floating just this. It's so insane but it's taken seriously.

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »
Given our reality star in chief, they could roll out this "twist" just before the election to boost ratings.

You're right, for the past few years, satire is unsafe humor territory because anything could be "real", or at least news...  Fake or otherwise.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
So much fake news. Except for the parts where people connected to the Trump campaign lied about which Russians they met with, when they met with them, why they met with them. Trump on camera inviting Russia to hack Hillary's email. I will accept the result of the investigation, but lets not pretend it didn't look like something shady was going on.

It reminds me of Saddam Hussein and the WMD. Turns out, he definitively didn't have any. But he acted like he did, fought inspections, and acted belligerent.

"Trump on camera inviting Russia to hack Hillary's email".  Jesus *censored*ing Christ, seriously:o

You cannot be serious with that. If you say things like that, expect to be ridiculed and laughed at. That is the ultimate in fake news to put that out as a true fact.