Author Topic: House fails to override Trump veto on southern border emergency  (Read 1786 times)

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
I personally don't think building a wall will solve the immigration issues however enough Americans think that it will or don't care so build it.

I also think its a losing issue for the Democrats and that this failure at overriding the veto is politically the best time to let it go.
If it really doesn't fix the issues they can say 'I told you so' now lets work on the real issues and if it does work well then one less issue to argue about.

Is it time to build the wall if only so America can move on.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: House fails to override Trump veto on southern border emergency
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »
Politically, it might just be time - but I don't think you can let this go without challenging in the court because of the precedent. You could go ahead and pass the funding through normal channels, but now the Democratic Party base would be apoplectic.

In reality, Trump will be getting fought tooth and nail just trying to acquire the property to build his wall on. Let the private property owners tie him up, and then highlight all those ranchers who don't want their property split in half. "Trump steals land". "Trump nationalizes border ranches"

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »
As long as the wall remains it will be a rallying cry of the GOP

I just thought of a solution build the wall out of solar panels

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 03:14:02 PM »
That idea was kicked around at one point.  Early on when they were in the "Mexico will pay for it" and were transitioning to "it can pay for itself" mode.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 04:28:16 PM »
LOL I should have guessed the idea was kicked around

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »
I thought they were going to build the wall out of the bodies of immigrants like the Spartans did in 300.