Author Topic: In any other administration...  (Read 11725 times)

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: In any other administration...
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2019, 09:28:11 AM »
As the left continues to embrace violence, lies, and demonization of others,
That thing you're looking at?  Not a window or even a partisan lens.  That's called a mirror.   :P

Seriati

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
Not sure I see your point D.W., you can find a lot of moderate Dems out there issuing warnings, even panicky warnings, that the progressives drive for ideological purity is making the "big tent" smaller every day.    How many groups can be "not welcome" based on a single ideological point before they need to find a different place to sit?  Where do liberal pro life catholics belong?  Where will Jewish voters sit if the Dems keeping heading down the anti-semitic path?  If it becomes clear that Republicans deliver better economics to minorities how will they stay in the tent promising to undo those reforms?

The Republicans aren't pushing people out, the media is trying to define them as smaller and meaner but that's just a game the DNC controlled media plays for it's bosses.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2019, 11:59:46 AM »
That thing you're looking at?  Not a window or even a partisan lens.  That's called a mirror.   :P

My mirror is antifa? It’s a mirror that shows Republicans being accosted at restaurants? Right. smh

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »

My mirror is antifa? It’s a mirror that shows Republicans being accosted at restaurants? Right. smh

And of course antifa = everyone that leans left.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »
I think we're about to see another political party become established, and if past precedent follows suit, one of the other two is going to fade away pretty quickly after that.

I sincerely hope that’s all that happens. As the left continues to embrace violence, lies, and demonization of others, the right will eventually join and things may escalate out of control. It boils slowly but once it hits the tipping point it goes very fast and you’re pretty likely to see people hanging from streetlights.

That's the rub, last time this happened, with the Whig Party in the 1850's, the party disappeared in less than 4 years. Although most of the people involved were still around, just in the Republican Party instead. Of course, a few years after the Whigs went away, the country found itself in a Civil War.

Of course, that wasn't the only time a major political party had disappeared from the political landscape in the US, it just happened to be the last.

And as to things becoming hyper-partisan, we have historical precedent of that happening. While the rhetoric was plenty nasty(Jefferson vs Adams in particular; or Jackson vs J.Q. Adams), it didn't approach anything near civil war levels.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Where will Jewish voters sit if the Dems keeping heading down the anti-semitic path?

Oh, they'll continue to silently enjoy their self-delusions and say the Dems aren't anti-semitic because only right-wingers are capable of being so.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2019, 07:06:50 PM »

And, of course, I didn’t say that. But, what’s the official stance of the left in Portland when antifa takes to the streets? What does the Democrat Portland mayor tell police to do?

Antifa is not the entire left but it certainly enjoys institutional support from many leftist leaders.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »

Antifa is a program started by Stalin and other Leninists, and modern crypto antifites accuse anyone to their right in a key argument as “fascists.”

Never let a stinking Leninist forget Molotov/Ribbentrop.

Lenin himself was kept alive by the Kaiser, for Leninism to serve as a lethal virus against Russia and other Entente powers.

Leninists in academia and government have created the circumstances for naziism to make a resurgence.l
1. Sustained Economic failure targeting the middle class.
2. Programs that force the disparate and otherwise disconnected “white” peoples of America to identify as white and to be targeted for discrimination and violence as white.
3. Publicly identifying whites as public enemy number one.
4. constant public emphasis that “whites” are just about to lose their power and majority.

Kaiser creates the Leninist disease to distract the Entente powers in WWI
Stalin creates Antifa while playing footsie with Hitler under the table so that Allies will deal with Stalin rather than warring on him during WWII.
Today, cryptoLeninists continue Stalin’s strategy, fostering fascism while pointing at its resurgence as the world’s #1 threat.

Want to defeat fascism? Remove Leninists from academia and government.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
This week, leftwit bastards have used their same sex marriage victory to get Chik Fil A to drop all donations and support to the SALVATION ARMY.

Anyone else been homeless here and know what that means?

A true Revolution of informed Proletariat would hang these “Social Justice” scam artists in the street.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2019, 11:57:17 AM »
Anybody know that you can support thousands of charities helping the homeless that are not the trashy salvation army?

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »
In case you want to know why they are trashy

https://medium.com/james-finn/please-dont-support-the-salvation-army-9f1408c333ff

Meanwhile, those funds are not "lost" they are just diverted to other charities.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »

And, of course, I didn’t say that. But, what’s the official stance of the left in Portland when antifa takes to the streets? What does the Democrat Portland mayor tell police to do?

I know that you don't intend to say that however your tendency is to say that as your statements tend to overly generalize dividing people into camps.  Us - them, right - left, good - bad
It leaves little space for dialog

The issue, right or left, is how to address the rise of the extreme voices. The linear nature of Social media pretty much insures that the extreme voices are the ones that are heard making it appear to represent the sides in a binary world of Us-Them.  When we only debate at the extreme there is no way to hear or engage the middle ground. Democracy lives in the compromise of the middle ground. Embrace the extreme of the few and that’s no Democracy fails.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2019, 02:37:48 PM »

https://medium.com/james-finn/please-dont-support-the-salvation-army-9f1408c333ff

Meanwhile, those funds are not "lost" they are just diverted to other charities.

Glad you are worried about the FUNDS being LOST. If you care about the people who are being lost, please tell me where I go for relief now when Salvation Army was the only homeless shelter in town to not kick me out when I had a head injury?

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2019, 02:57:15 PM »
Anybody know that you can support thousands of charities helping the homeless that are not the trashy salvation army?

So... since Salvation Army helps white trash as well as other groups, you have no problem using extortion to “divert” the funds to groups that only benefit people that deserve it because of their ethnicity?  Let them eat White privilege?

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
Salvation Army is the only homeless shelter in Augusta afaik that doesn’t either force religious ideology on its recipients, or terrorize them in other ways (eg infiltrated with gang members)

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
The other way to think about it is how bad an actor does a charity have to be in order for Chick-Fil-A to drop you... And blaming the powerful left on Chick-Fil-A's decision is silly - the year following the same sex marriage decision and the whole Chick-Fil-A controversy attempts to boycott, etc., (2012), the company reported a year-over-year increase in sales of 12 percent.  At the same time, the company had a favorability rating of upwards of 60% and an unfavorable of less than 20%.

But what does Chick-Fil-A itself have to say?  This paraphrase is from Wikipedia:
In an interview with Bisnow in 2019, Chick-fil-A President Tim Tassopoulos said the company will stop donating to charities with anti-LGBT views.[33] The company will instead donate to charities focused on education, homelessness and hunger.[33][34] These new organizations could include both faith-based and non-faith-based charities, but the company said none of the organizations have anti-LGBT positions.
Maybe, just maybe, the company has come around to the idea that it shouldn't be supporting groups with hate-based policies.  Note that you can be against same-sex marriage with having anti-LGBTQ policies.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2019, 03:12:10 PM »
When you get down to hating the Salvation Army, that's some insane hatred. Really, off the charts.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »

Glad you are worried about the FUNDS being LOST. If you care about the people who are being lost, please tell me where I go for relief now when Salvation Army was the only homeless shelter in town to not kick me out when I had a head injury?

It is a fair criticism of my point of view to select communities in which SA is the only game in town. Presumably SA will shutter redundant areas as they lose funding. Or SA could just stop their political activity and focus on people who need help.

Activities which actively remove their help from people in need.

The Salvation Army of the United States chose to turn down $3.5 million in contracts with the city of San Francisco, resulting in the closure of programs for the homeless and senior citizens. The church backed out of these contracts due to San Francisco’s requirement that city contractors must provide spousal benefits to both same-sex partners and opposite-sex partners of employees.

In 2004, the Salvation Army in New York City also threatened to close down all of its services for the city’s homeless due to a similar non-discrimination ordinance.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2019, 03:30:32 PM »

Or SA could just stop their political activity and focus on people who need help

Not so. The funding is being cut in re ya libation for their pre 2015 opposition to same sex marriage.

Thanks for pointing out that this move will redirect help for the homeless away from communities where the Salvation Army is the only game in town. In Other words, red state cities.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »
I have no problem with NYC or SF enforcing their standards in their own communities.

But here, leftist activist that shut down existing services to the homeless in right-leaning communities because they don’t systematically provide for same sex relationship benefits.

A policy like this is designed to inspire harder crimes.   This is just one more example of the cultural left using same sex couples and their families as human shields.  Sheetheads and Nazis will use this crap to grow their disease through the growing vulnerable body of disregarded poor.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2019, 04:23:01 PM »
One non Salvation Army source of help for me has been the Universal Unitarian Church, entirely funded by its local parishioners (many of whom are personally pagan or Atheist, but also includes Children. I get group therapy through them and volunteers go above and beyond. In this new political climate, the church has become a target for some illiterate hate group. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.augustachronicle.com/news/20191118/vandalized-church-not-running-scared-minister-says%3ftemplate=ampart
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:36:31 PM by Pete at Home »

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »
Bear in mind that Augusta is the 2nd biggest city in Georgia, and the greater Augusta area I speak of includes a couple counties in South Carolina as well.

Red state homeless are people too, neh?