Author Topic: Democratic Primary  (Read 1420 times)

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
Democratic Primary
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/iowa/

Buttigieg is polling 2nd in Iowa. I find this surprising, he had much lower name recognition and less of a national profile entering the election. He's more moderate than Warren or Sanders and doesn't have the baggage of a Biden. If Biden tanks in Iowa and Buttigieg can make a run in New Hampshire too there is a real path forward for him particularly if Warren and Sanders both stay in the race splitting the vote of the farther left. Buttigieg at 37 would be quite a contrast to the elderly Trump. South Bend mayor to President is a really big jump though. But I guess he still has more government experience than Trump.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Democratic Primary
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:15:10 PM »
I hope its not Buttigieg. Being a mayor of a city of 100,000 people is completely inadequate preparation (yeah I know, Trump, pipe down this isn't about him.)

Plus, I just went to his peteforamerica.com page and it demands that I sign up to join the official campaign without letting me even look at any of his policy ideas. Okay, just double checked. They bought an ad that links directly to the "join us" page.

He can poll second in Iowa all he wants. He's still single digit nationally, and I'm positive the DNC will collude against him. He has done a great job in gaining recognition.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Democratic Primary
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
He is interesting but I agree he lacks experience.  Also there seems to be evidence that most hispanics and african americans won't vote for a gay man which is quite problematic for a Democratic candidate.