Author Topic: War on Cops  (Read 80 times)

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
War on Cops
« on: September 14, 2020, 09:32:43 PM »
Two deputies were ambushed and shot in the face. The shooter was recorded on camera but has not been identified yet. The female officer who was shot through her jaw, a mother of a six-year-old, managed to rig a tourniquet on her partner.

The BLM street goons blocked the hospital emergency entryways, and chanted support for killing cops.

The laughing BLM people who wanted the cops dead, should be put on the terrorism watch list. These animals need to be arrested and punished for their parts in all this. No way should such actions be allowed.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: War on Cops
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 09:45:37 PM »
This YouTube video includes both the shooting and the BLM blocking the hospital. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PaGJm-N4c

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 10:01:17 PM »
If they were blocking access to the hospital, then the police would have absolutely had reason to move them away or arrest them if they refused to move after being given appropriate warning.

As for those who had not blocked access, but who had "chanted support support for killing cops", are you suggesting those "animals need to be arrested and punished" as well?

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 10:47:53 PM »
As for those who had not blocked access, but who had "chanted support support for killing cops", are you suggesting those "animals need to be arrested and punished" as well?

Um, based on what I understand are current FBI guidelines, any group even suggesting the illegitimacy of Federal or local law enforcement would be on a terrorism watch list. That is why so-called constitutionalists were on the last version of the domestic terrorist guidelines that I caught sight of. A group outright calling for violence against police? I don't think that's even remotely a stretch to call them a terrorist organization. Of course two answers may come back:

1) But they aren't an organization!
-This feels like an epic cop-out, since all that means is that guerrilla activity is legitimized, just so long as it's not centrally coordinated?
2) It's just a few people, so what are you going to do, arrest them all?
-I tend to utterly disagree with the talk we hear sometimes (on these boards as well) that if you're anywhere near an agitator then it's your own fault and you should have known better. However that's in the case of a peaceful protest. If we're talking about blocking a hospital emergency entrance, then I actually do think that any instance of an obviously dangerous demonstration you're attending, you actually do have an obligation to try to stop it or else to vacate, because you really are aiding and abetting - or at minimum a useful idiot - if the group you're with is doing bad stuff. People chanting "death to cops"? I'd go on record saying that anyone ok to hang out with people saying that has crossed the line and should expect to be arrested from time to time.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 11:42:51 PM »
There is a difference between chanting "we hope they die", chanting "support for killing cops" (see what wmLambert did there?), and suggesting the illegitimacy of law enforcement.  Ands it is orders of magnitude different from walking up to a police car and shooting the officers inside for which there is no excuse, no rationalization.

Now, whether the FBI guidelines say that people who protest against law enforcement should be placed on watch lists has absolutely nothing to do with whether wmLambert supports the 1st amendment only insofar as people say things that he likes. And anyway, the FBI putting people on watch lists also does not mean that "suggesting the illegitimacy of Federal or local law enforcement" is in any way illegal. Voicing the hope that those officers die is repugnant.  It is, depending on what exactly they said and its likely interpretation, not illegal.

As for "blocking access to the hospital" what exactly did that look like, and were the 4 journalists who were assaulted and arrested by police also involved in those actions? If they did block access then those blocking access should have been dealt with.

The characterization of the protesters by the police, that they were in fact blocking access to the hospital, unfortunately, can hardly be taken at face value.  The same LA County Sherriff Twitter feed that claimed the protesters were blocking access to the hospital also lied in several different ways about the arrest of journalist Josie Huang (there is always a video now, or in this case, several) and members of that department were shown, after arresting her, destroying her phone, i.e., her video camera. Let that sink in - the police attempted to destroy evidence of their actions during the arrest of a journalist.

So I would take with a grain of salt any characterization or description originating with the LASD right now.  Sure, they are angry, and understandably so.  But letting that anger interfere with their duties is not just unprofessional, it is a violation of their oath.

What I have seen on video was 5 protesters, all men, milling about in front of about the same number of armed police in the access area of the hospital. They were haranguing those police, who were also standing in the drive up to the hospital.  It is unclear whether those men would have stopped any vehicles from approaching the hospital, or whether they were only there to get in the faces of those cops.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:52 AM »
Two deputies were ambushed and shot in the face. The shooter was recorded on camera but has not been identified yet. The female officer who was shot through her jaw, a mother of a six-year-old, managed to rig a tourniquet on her partner.

The BLM street goons blocked the hospital emergency entryways, and chanted support for killing cops.

The laughing BLM people who wanted the cops dead, should be put on the terrorism watch list. These animals need to be arrested and punished for their parts in all this. No way should such actions be allowed.

I don't support the people protesting at the hospital, its despicable and shows a deep hatred. They aren't animals, they are angry and hurt human beings. How many stop and frisks, car searches, and staring down the barrel of a cops gun would it take for you to become angry and disenchanted with the police?

You classify two cops being shot as a "war on cops." Dangerous rhetoric, because there are also stories of cops shooting (often needlessly) black people, 13 year old autistic kids, other mentally ill people, and lots of others. Are cops engaging in "a war on blacks", "a war on the mentally ill", or "a war on civilians." Because once we go down the sides are "at war" route then a lot of violence is "justified" on both sides.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:33 AM »
When it comes to policing the 'bad apples' do not represent the whole (even if the whole seem to be ok with not holding the 'bad apples' accountable)
When it comes to protesters the 'bad apples represent the whole. It is unlikely that those making those kinds of arguments are aware of the contradiction and or out right hypocrisy.