Author Topic: Ilhan Omar - foreign agent  (Read 1718 times)

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
Ilhan Omar - foreign agent
« on: November 26, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »
Ilhan Omar is being found out.

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota-5th) was recruited by a foreign government, received funding from a foreign government, and passed sensitive information through intermediaries to Iran, a Florida court has been told.

The claims came during testimony by Kuwati-born Canadian businessman Alan Bender, who was giving evidence in the trial of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani. The Qatari emir's brother stands accused of ordering his American bodyguard to murder two people, and of holding an American citizen hostage. His deposition, obtained by Al Arabiya English, was authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs, according to the publication.

Legal testimony, under oath, in a court of law, from a whistleblower.

Speaking from Toronto by video link, Bender told the Florida District Court that he met with Qatar’s Secretary to the Emir for Security Affairs Mohammad bin Ahmed bin Abdullah al-Masnad and two other senior Qatari officials.

According to his sworn deposition, the three officials told him: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends."

Bender testified that the officials asked him to recruit American politicians and journalists as Qatari assets, and that when he objected, was told that several prominent figures were already on the payroll. Omar was described as the "jewel in the crown," he said.

Direct, first hanf knowledge with named sources.

The deposition shows he further told the court that, during a 2017 meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Omar swore allegiance to him. At the time she was a junior state representative in Minnesota.

Omar was said to also have passed information to Qatar which was subsequently handed along to Iran, and was actively involved in recruiting other American politicians to likewise work for the west Asian Islamic country, Bender testified.

By any definition, treason.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:05:02 AM by Crunch »

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Ilhan Omar - foreign agent
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:12:10 AM »
You DO realize why this sounds ridiculous right?  They cannot stop at accepting money or even at sharing information.  They gotta throw in that she swore allegiance to him?    ::)

I mean, crazy *censored* does happen, but this is built to be wholly dismissable.  Please do follow up in the weeks/months to come and let me know how it pans out.  I'll save some popcorn.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 09:14:01 AM »
But, testimony, under oath. I’ve been told this is iron clad proof.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
Please do follow up in the weeks/months to come and let me know how it pans out.  I'll save some popcorn.

We already know how it pans out. Omar is a Democrat, it's a free pass. This will get minimal, if any, news coverage in the US. It will be buried. The only reason you'll have ever heard of it is that I posted it. If it does blow up, people will pick small details and say they don't believe that one minor detail and, therefore, the entire story must be false (the logical fallacy of division - see your post upthread).

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 09:41:10 AM »
But, testimony, under oath. I’ve been told this is iron clad proof.

You realize who is testifying matters right?

But if the person has any credibility at all (by default my answer to this is yes) the FBI should investigate the claims. Just so there is no confusion, unless there is strong evidence the person is lying is crazy or lying, I think she should be investigated by the FBI and the FEC.

Out of curiosity did this pop up in a state court or a federal court? I can't imagine any state case where this could even be close to relevant testimony. So if its a state court where MAGA Florida man rambles conspiracy theories while testifying it loses a ton of credibility.

The claims of swearing loyalty are absurd. Since other than being Islamic I didn't realize she had any connection at all to Turkey.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 09:47:43 AM »
The loyalty swearing claim may seem absurd to a western person. But Omar is not a western person (she was born and lived in Somalia until she was 10) nor are the people she's dealing with. Applying western thought and standards is not the way to measure this.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
You know what there hasn't been on Ornery for a while... a thread about overt racism.  Could be time

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 10:57:36 AM »
Again, while anything is possible, I tend to place my bet on your environment and circumstances rubbing off on your attitude.  No matter where she was born, or lived when very young, she is here now.  She has political power now.  Claim all you want that people of a specific society are predisposed to behave a certain way.  (Though apparently you may have to defend these observations from some.)  :P  But I think OUR society, of which she is by all measures a successful participant in, has it's own pull.

Even if your assertions were correct, and the situation outlined in the OP were presented, I just don't see swearing loyalty to anyone. 

Corruption I'm quick to accept as plausible.  This however?  My gut reaction is it's partisan nonsense directed at a lightning rod of criticism.   Religion/background/politics all "wrong" for some people making her a target.  Smears should be plausible for them to have any impact.  Otherwise they just damage those trying to employ them. 

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 11:14:04 AM »
You know what there hasn't been on Ornery for a while... a thread about overt racism.  Could be time

You could start one.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 11:20:39 AM »
So in this case, a limited release of information of a closed door deposition IS credible, yeah? And even he doesn't have first hand knowledge, he's describing what some officials told him.

His deposition, obtained by Al Arabiya English, was authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs, according to the publication.

I know you're trying to use this as a "look, you have a double standard" but there is a big difference between testimony from multiple career diplomats and officials versus a random Canadian businessman. Either way, I am already skeptical of anything Sondland has told us. I don't believe in a blanket way that everything each of those people said was true as long as it makes Trump look bad.

If there's anything that can corroborate this story, I'll be happy to join a call for investigation.

So far, even Breitbart is not picking this one up. And they love anything that disparages Omar, so we should see it soon.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 11:37:25 AM »
So sworn testimony only counts if you like the witness. Right, ok.

Im not saying “look, you have a double standard”. You’re saying, “ look at my double standard!”

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »
It counts more if you trust the witness. That's not the same as liking them, and yes in any number of cases I reserve the right to make that judgement. Or did you not feel that way about Dr. Ford's sworn testimony?

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 02:22:39 PM »
Ilhan Omar is being found out.

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota-5th) was recruited by a foreign government, received funding from a foreign government, and passed sensitive information through intermediaries to Iran, a Florida court has been told.

The claims came during testimony by Kuwati-born Canadian businessman Alan Bender, who was giving evidence in the trial of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani. The Qatari emir's brother stands accused of ordering his American bodyguard to murder two people, and of holding an American citizen hostage. His deposition, obtained by Al Arabiya English, was authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs, according to the publication.

Legal testimony, under oath, in a court of law, from a whistleblower.

Speaking from Toronto by video link, Bender told the Florida District Court that he met with Qatar’s Secretary to the Emir for Security Affairs Mohammad bin Ahmed bin Abdullah al-Masnad and two other senior Qatari officials.

According to his sworn deposition, the three officials told him: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends."

Bender testified that the officials asked him to recruit American politicians and journalists as Qatari assets, and that when he objected, was told that several prominent figures were already on the payroll. Omar was described as the "jewel in the crown," he said.

Direct, first hand knowledge with named sources.

Testimony which doesn't make sense. Qatar is just across the Gulf from Iran, and they've historically been very concerned to the point of borderline paranoia, about the threat the Iran poses to their nation. It's a big part of why they're allied with the United States, so that our military can help protect them from Iran. Have you forgot about that whole Shia and Sunni Muslim thing? They haven't.

The deposition shows he further told the court that, during a 2017 meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Omar swore allegiance to him. At the time she was a junior state representative in Minnesota.

Omar was said to also have passed information to Qatar which was subsequently handed along to Iran, and was actively involved in recruiting other American politicians to likewise work for the west Asian Islamic country, Bender testified.

By any definition, treason.

As outlined, insane. A highly Qatari intelligence asset is passing intelligence to Iran, and further, has sworn an oath of allegiance to the President of Turkey, and the government of Qatar is okay with this(and is okay with him outing their operation)?

Sounds like somebody's anti-Islamic fever dream to me.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 03:36:52 PM »
It counts more if you trust the witness. That's not the same as liking them, and yes in any number of cases I reserve the right to make that judgement. Or did you not feel that way about Dr. Ford's sworn testimony?

Hey, I’m with you on it. Just pointing out the change of heart for others. The sudden requirement for first hand knowledge is particularly good. Remember when whistleblowers were untouchable? Seems like hours ago but it was really only hours.

However, this is an actual court case apparently. Not some senate show trial for purely political points. This guy is not going to get hundreds of thousands of dollars or awards from a fawning media. This guy is orders of magnitude more credible than Ford but then that bar is very low so maybe not saying much.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 04:15:24 PM »
Given that he hangs around with Qatari officials who feel comfortable discussing intelligence assets, I'm not sure he's either reliable or otherwise.

First hand knowledge is always best, which is why it would be nice if the people with the first hand knowledge would testify whether they did or didn't say and do things.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »
Wouldn't that be nice. I wonder why that standard doesn't apply to impeachment?

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »
Because it makes sense to hear from anyone with any knowledge, and then talk to the people they are making claims about. First hand is always more reliable. Mark Felt didn't have any first hand knowledge that Nixon was being fed information by his boss, but didn't get anywhere through channels. He eventually leaked the information to the press - anonymously whistleblowing - which eventually led to the first-hand tapes that cemented Nixon's fate. That required enough second-hand information in order to lead to the court order that acquired the tapes.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 04:50:10 PM »
Right, it makes sense when it helps, it doesn't when it hurts. Believe me, I see you. I know what you're saying.

But, those are the rules now. We all must live by them. I knew you wouldn't like it.