Author Topic: We gotta talk about Uncle Joe  (Read 65623 times)

oldbrian

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: We gotta talk about Uncle Joe
« Reply #950 on: July 28, 2021, 09:20:39 AM »
edgmatt,  I think a lot of it isn't so much 'I love Biden' as 'Crunch is saying something stupid again'

I don't doubt that Biden is stumbling over words.  Just like Trump did.  Just like Obama did.  Just like Bush did.
I would even believe that he is doing it more than they did.
But Crunch has been pushing the dementia angle hard, and by now everyone probably just automatically pushes back against him.  This goes back to that credibility issue mentioned earlier.

edgmatt

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 28, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
Nah.  You have stuff to read right in front of you, and it's easily verifiable.  If he says something that's wrong, or you don't agree with what he said, say so.  But don't ignore what he wrote up and just say he's wrong cause he's been wrong before.  That's poor.

You can google any amount of pretty much any speech Pres Biden has given since he became president, and it's very, very obvious the man is having cognitive issues, whether it be just senility or alzheimers or dementia or something else.  It's well beyond "stumbling through a sentence or two" or any sort of thing you can attribute to any previous President.

And it doesn't matter *at all* if Crunch was just as critical about Trump, or Obama, or anyone else.  Pres Biden's mental state has exactly zero to do with Crunch's political leanings, or bias's.

"If Trumps communication idiosyncrasy's didn't bother Crunch Biden's should either. "   - bad logic, bad arguing.
"But Crunch has been pushing the dementia angle hard, and by now everyone probably just automatically pushes back against him.  This goes back to that credibility issue mentioned earlier."  - maybe he's been right all along.  Stop automatically pushing back and read what's at hand.
"Glad to see you finally got around to reading Nineteen Eighty-Four, since you obviously hadn't read the book during the Trump years."  - bad arguing.  Google logical fallacy's please.

"He selectively quoted the man.
Crunch gave us a bunch of sound bites without attribution."  - attribution to what?  Context isn't important when pointing to the man's potential cognitive problems.  Unless he made up the quotes which would be easily verifiable, the proof is right there in the pudding.  President Biden struggles to put together a full sentence or a coherent sentence.  And it's not like this is out of thin air; President Biden's mental health has been something of a question for some time, and not just by Crunch.

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 28, 2021, 03:01:38 PM »
Gotta say, as strange and idiosyncratic as Trump's sentence structure is, back to back it was more galling to listen to Biden speak than Trump in the debates. That was one of the few times we got to hear both in close proximity, and it was very difficult to listen to all around.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 28, 2021, 03:10:27 PM »
Gold Medal for mental gymnastics on this web site.

It's beyond incredible. We have Biden, on video, fondling the girl. We have the girl talking about it and how he pinched her nipple. What more do we need?

How is it that undeniable video evidence showing the act coupled with the victim's statement and the reaction is "assuming this is true and that's a big assumption"? It's unhinged, literally some form of mental breakdown bordering on psychosis.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 28, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
You can google any amount of pretty much any speech Pres Biden has given since he became president, and it's very, very obvious the man is having cognitive issues, whether it be just senility or alzheimers or dementia or something else.  It's well beyond "stumbling through a sentence or two" or any sort of thing you can attribute to any previous President.

Sorry, no it's not very obvious, or even a little. :)

I listened to a bit of Biden's town hall on CNN, and although he wasn't the sharpest speaker I'd heard, and rambled a bit like an typical grandpa, it was quite obvious he knew what he was talking about and had intelligently thought about the subjects.  For instance, he was wise enough to say, after mentioning numbers, to say "don't quote me on that."  He knew he may not have remembered the numbers exactly, and didn't want everyone jumping on his case for misquoting the number.

That is not the behavior of a man in the throws of Alzheimer's, dementia or senility. :)

You can't deny cherrypicked quotes are inaccurate.  But you can question the conclusion of someone who relies on such quotes, who is strongly biased against the person, and whose judgement has been shown to be questionable in the past (as in Crunch's post where he said a trans woman in a private spa shows that trans people will be revealing themselves to children, a ridiculous, offensive post for which he still owes us an apology.

Yes, Biden stumbles sometimes.  And you can make quite a list of them.  But, overall, it is obvious he still has his faculties.  And he continues to have enough sense not to brag about passing a dementia test again and again and again, as a previous President did...  ;D

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 28, 2021, 04:27:38 PM »
"My ass has been wiped". Yeah, just a, you know, a thing.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 28, 2021, 05:30:06 PM »
Nah.  You have stuff to read right in front of you, and it's easily verifiable.  If he says something that's wrong, or you don't agree with what he said, say so.  But don't ignore what he wrote up and just say he's wrong cause he's been wrong before.  That's poor.

The point was that Crunch wasn't credible in his concern over Biden's mental cognition as he batted away any such worries expressed about Trumps mental cognition.

To be fair you have a point with regards to the concern itself. I watched the first 30 min of the town hall and for the first 5 min I did wonder if Biden was having a Gray moment. He wasn't relaxed and his stutter issue was coming into play. I anticipated someone bringing it up as I'm sure it would have been brought up it it was Trump.

My position on the issue of cognition is that if medical team assess either Trump or Biden as having mental issues I would expect them both to stand down and retire.

Having Crunch make make such a finding on Biden's mental state when he had not issue with Trumps 'gray moments'.... nope... he has no credibly and only comes off as awhataboutism hypocrite.

ScottF

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 28, 2021, 06:08:20 PM »
Trump said all kinds of stupid, ridiculous things but it's silly to equate what's clearly cognitive decline to stuttering or "he's always been like that".

I'm no Biden fan but if I was, I would admit/agree he's in cognitive decline but say I'd rather have a well-intentioned and properly oriented person who's on the decline than a quick-witted psychopath.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 28, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »
Making a cognitive assessment requires looking at all of the persons interactions. You can't commit someone as incompetent based on one bad clumsy incoherent ramble, or even two.

Charges that bringing up Trump are spot on, if we're talking about Bidens competence, Trump is irrelevant.

So if we look at his past 8 interactions in an unstructured public forum, what will we find? I'm assuming very little because this one is getting passed around so much and I haven't seen other ones.

Is he drooling and incoherent in his cabinet meetings, security briefings, and the rest of his schedule, but every one of the people involved are just going along with it? Is that the claim?

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: July 28, 2021, 08:20:15 PM »
I watched the first 30 min of the town hall and for the first 5 min I did wonder if Biden was having a Gray moment. He wasn't relaxed and his stutter issue was coming into play. I anticipated someone bringing it up as I'm sure it would have been brought up it it was Trump.

It's fine to acknowledge that someone can have a stutter and that being tired can make it worse. But in Biden's case if his speech problems are really stutter-related (as opposed to cognitive) then wouldn't that mean he's tired an awful lot? And isn't that a problem for the POTUS? I've never heard him speak and be sharp, ever.

That being said, I can't say I know exactly in what manner Biden's stutter presents, but I've known people with stutters, and the speech slurs I hear from him frequently aren't stuttering. Or at least, not in any form I can intelligibly identify. Not to be all suspicious and stuff, but a history of stuttering would kind of be a decent cover for someone actually slurring words due to cognitive decline, wouldn't it? Then you could write off any speech issues straight away. Not saying I know any of this for a fact, but it's kind of convenient that he has this excuse given that IMO his occasional problems forming coherent sentences would otherwise be kind of alarming.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 28, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »
Biden is a life long stutterer.

https://www.stutteringtreatment.org/blog/yes-joe-biden-is-a-person-who-stutters

A few seconds of research can find this.  I thought it was well known. Just like James Earl Jones has a stutter.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 28, 2021, 09:07:53 PM »
It's not that he's stuttering. It's that his words are clear as day and they make no sense.

"If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Cause Ice cream doesn't have bones! Come on, man!"

Okay he didn't actually say that but it's going the rounds as a meme about his cognitive decline and it makes as much sense as some things he does say. Someone nailed it with a good representation there.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 28, 2021, 09:27:09 PM »
And if he did what it looks like he did and what that little girl apparently says he did in that video then that is sexual assault on a child which would make Uncle Joe our first openly pedophile President. And it was in public on camera so you don't get more open than that. If he didn't pinch her it's still inappropriate touching. I wouldn't say he's a pedo in that case but he's still off. But if he pinched her then game over. Why more people especially #metoo Democrats aren't all over this to figure out exactly what happened is a mystery, or would be anyway if too many people, yes on both sides, didn't always put party and power above principles. But with a sexual assault like that, if he really pinched her there, it needs to be investigated and in cases like that it's my understanding that it doesn't matter if the child or even the parents don't want to press charges. The government can step in and press charges regardless. In this case it would be Congress that would have to do it. Of course they are Democrats and Biden is one of them so there we go. But I mean we hear about how there is a power-clique of pedophiles and people say that's just conspiracy theory stuff but we had Jeffrey Epstein which proved it was true but that was just the tip of the iceberg. Kavanaugh went through the grinder for less. Joe shouldn't get a pass because he's President. He should be held to an even higher standard.

I couldn't tell conclusively by the video but professionals should be able to, one way or another.

I can understand why the child is afraid though. Biden is no Clinton but they walk in the same circles. She really would be in danger and not just from Biden or his people but even more than that from his supporters.

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 28, 2021, 10:20:20 PM »
Biden is a life long stutterer.

https://www.stutteringtreatment.org/blog/yes-joe-biden-is-a-person-who-stutters

A few seconds of research can find this.  I thought it was well known. Just like James Earl Jones has a stutter.

Except that stuttering does not make you sound mentally confused. If he was stuttering then he'd know exactly what he wanted to say but have trouble getting it out. Every person I've heard with a stutter sounds completely lucid, even though the flow of their sentences is obviously compromised. One professional voice user I knew who had a very bad stutter would essentially pause in a word, and the thought would remain in freeze-frame until he could get it out, but the thought was clear as day. And this was a fellow around as old as Biden. Also, James Earl Jones speaks extremely clearly, so he was a really poor choice for a comparison.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 29, 2021, 01:32:13 PM »
Let's be clear about one thing on this thread.  We're not debating whether Biden has cognitive decline or not.

Cognitive decline may start at 45, or as early as the late 20s.  So a man in his late 70's has it.  So did Trump.  So did George H.W. Bush.  And we know that Ronald Reagan had significant decline in his last year in office.

So the only question is whether he currently has or is having a significant decline or not.  Any other argument is clouding the subject. :)

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 30, 2021, 04:10:00 PM »
At a media event today, Biden was handed a note saying there was something on his chin. He read the note, wiped his face with his hand then looked directly at it in the palm of his hand. And then, he ate it. This dude had something stuck to his face and ate it. You know what we saw here, right? Coprophagia and Pica in Individuals with Mild to Moderate Dementia and Mixed (Iron Deficiency and Macrocytic) Anemia

Now we know why he came out and told everyone his ass had been wiped.  :o

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 30, 2021, 04:59:32 PM »
You're still telling that "my ass has been wiped" lie, Crunch.  Boy, you never learn...  ::)

Oh, yeah, when are you going to apologize for misleading us about trans in spa bathrooms.  That one was truly scummy, and you really need to apologize to all of us for that one.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 05:01:58 PM by Wayward Son »

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 30, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »
Crunch follows the Trump school. You are never wrong, you never loose.  The candidates you support never loose and even if they do, at least a Republican was elected, even if it was one Trump did not support, that does not matter, he does not loose. Trump is all about 0 Sum Gain.