Author Topic: census  (Read 438 times)

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
census
« on: April 02, 2020, 02:30:35 PM »
No big politics here, just sharing my experience. Went to fill out my census online (all I got was a postcard, so no way to do it by mail if I wanted to). Nice and smooth, except I have a roommate who is currently staying with family. So I listed 2 residents, which was correct, but then it wanted to know his birthdate and other info. So I deleted him and submitted, but still as 2 residents. I don't know if my household will be counted as 1 or 2. And if it is that easy to add one, could lots of people be doing that? Independently, I have no idea if my roommate is also responding.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: census
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:54:40 AM »
I had mentioned before that I thought it was inappropriate not to let white people choose their ethnic backgrounds on the census the way everyone else gets to and that apparently the census people took that complaint to heart and now encourage white people to fill in the blank on their background. Now I'm not sure why they can't just let everyone do that instead of checking boxes. Or they could give the white people a bunch of boxes to check too. To quote Billie Jean (the legend not the tennis player), "Fair is fair." I filled it out online too. It was simpler than I remember it being the last time. Maybe I got the long form whereas this time I filled it out online. Do they still have a long form? I don't remember a citizenship question either.

But I'm glad they are accepting suggestions. If you ever see the Gardetto's snack mix, well I wrote the company an email describing how sometimes I took all the rye chips out of the bag and ate only those and left the rest for everyone else so I suggested they try a bag with rye chips only and they actually did it. You can find them as the Special Request variety. And you're welcome.

oldbrian

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: census
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 10:31:35 AM »
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Cherry.  I like chex mix better than Gardetto's, but I LOVE the rye chips.  That is the only individual size chip bag I ever buy.  And if they make a family size bag I would probably OD on it.