Author Topic: 2 Triiiil-lion dollars!  (Read 394 times)

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
2 Triiiil-lion dollars!
« on: April 02, 2020, 03:46:35 PM »
So, there is this new 2-trillion dollar stimulus package...

Anatomy of 2-trillion $$

But what exactly is available to people, maybe workers/employees, those less employed, the unemployed, and what are the restrictions?

What about corporations: is money going directly to corporations, are there strings attached, how much is in loans vs subsidies..?

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Triiiil-lion dollars!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 09:11:23 PM »
So, this is one of the most significant, financially, standalone bills in the history of, well, ever, yet... nothing?

Nobody has anything to say, whether good, bad, or ambivalent?

Nobody knows anything about how the 2 trillion is going to be spent..?

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 09:37:34 PM »
Hah, other than a couple of headline numbers I haven't looked into whats in it.

~300 billion for people in $1200 per adult
500 billion for corps
50 billion for the airline industry

Honestly don't know where the other 1.1 trillion is going. I know small businesses, health care, hospitals, and unemployment insurance are all getting chunks but haven't read about how its being divided up. I was just relieved when the headline number when from 1 to 2 trillion. I think it was needed to keep the economy rolling, I think they may need to go back with another 300 billion for individuals. Maybe targeted at the unemployed or maybe just another broad sweep again to catch everyone.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 10:37:47 PM »
According to the link, $775B are in the form of loans to large corporations and small businesses, and $58B to the airline industry (might not be loans).  So that's $877B right there.

I'm trying to figure out whether there is indirect assistance to people that is mandated in there, or whether there are restrictions concerning maintaining employment levels as part of getting access to those loans...

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 11:05:39 PM »
Most of the press regarding the small business loans includes provisions for keeping their employees on their payroll and debt forgiveness at some point.

So basically they're giving the business money so they can give it to their employees... And keep them from drawing unemployment while also allowing them to remain on employer health plans I'm sure.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 09:20:35 PM »
Most of the press regarding the small business loans includes provisions for keeping their employees on their payroll and debt forgiveness at some point.

So basically they're giving the business money so they can give it to their employees... And keep them from drawing unemployment while also allowing them to remain on employer health plans I'm sure.

Which makes Pelosi's 100-page add-on of pet Democrat giveaways so heinous. $25 million to the Kennedy Center when they laid-off all their musicians already? Real essential business there.