Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsberg  (Read 5873 times)

noel c.

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »
Donald,

“You're treating McConnell as a NPC.  Unless reality is just a construct of your fevered imagination, McConnell likely has self-determination.”

Not at all, McConnell is very much a player. That is why you folks are now paying for Dirty Harry’s rules mischief. He got the three United States Court of Appeals appointees for the District of Columbia Circuit ; Patricia Millett, Nina Pillard and Robert Wilkins. The price paid by your party was the Supreme Court appointments of ; Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and now Amy Coney Barrett. Given Breyer’s age, Trump probably has one more arrow left in his quiver.

I suppose that I should thank Harry for bringing an end to the trend set by Teddy Kennedy. No future SCOTUS appointments will be “Borked“.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2020, 02:44:58 PM »
But for McConnell changing the rules for SC confirmations, the rules for SC confirmations would be the same.

You're treating McConnell as a NPC.  Unless reality is just a construct of your fevered imagination, McConnell likely has self-determination.

I'm inclined to disagree. If another SCotUS Nomination had happened under Obama and the Republicans acted to block it under Reid's leadership, that rule would have been changed by the Democrats. They just never had the chance to do so.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2020, 03:24:57 PM »
I'm inclined to disagree. If another SCotUS Nomination had happened under Obama and the Republicans acted to block it under Reid's leadership, that rule would have been changed by the Democrats. They just never had the chance to do so.
This has even less evidence supporting it than the claims of widespread voter fraud. But if it helps you sleep better...