Author Topic: Messages from Joe Biden  (Read 194 times)

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
Messages from Joe Biden
« on: October 11, 2020, 04:44:09 AM »
As putative front runner and like Hillary pretty much a sure thing to be our next President, Joe Biden deserves his own thread to reflect on his statements, unlike the voters who don't deserve many things including whether or not he intends to pack the Court.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-says-voters-don-t-170433889.html

"Joe Biden on Friday again refused to state whether he would attempt to pack the Supreme Court if elected president, saying in an interview that voters “don’t deserve” to know his position on the issue."

Is this guy joking? Because that's hilarious!

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Messages from Joe Biden
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 06:03:36 AM »
“The only court packing that’s going on right now is going on with the Republicans packing the court now. It’s not constitutional what they’re doing [inaudible] focus on what’s happening right now. [Coughs] The fact that is that the only packing going is this court [inaudible] by the Republicans after the vote has already begun. I’m gonna stay focused on it [so we] don’t take your eyes off the ball here.”

Has he even read the constitution?

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 07:25:17 AM »
“Make sure to vote, Because the only way we lose this is by the chicanery going on relative to polling places.”

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 08:08:09 AM »
The guy is a gold mine.

And people talk about Trump lying...

"Hell, I might be president now if it weren't for the fact I said I had an uncle who was a coal miner. Turns out I didn't have anybody in the coal mines, you know what I mean? I tried that crap — it didn't work."

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (2004-07-28)

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 08:21:12 AM »
Biden on Crime.

“Quite frankly, the president’s plan is not tough enough, bold enough, or imaginative enough to meet the crisis at hand, In a nutshell, the president’s plan does not include enough police officers to catch the violent thugs, enough prosecutors to convict them, enough judges to sentence them, or enough prison cells to put them away for a long time.”

"We have predators on our streets that society has in fact, in part because of its neglect, created," said Biden, then a fourth-term senator from Delaware so committed to the bill that he has referred to it over the years as "the Biden bill."
"They are beyond the pale many of those people, beyond the pale," Biden continued. "And it's a sad commentary on society. We have no choice but to take them out of society."
In the speech, Biden described a "cadre of young people, tens of thousands of them, born out of wedlock, without parents, without supervision, without any structure, without any conscience developing because they literally ... because they literally have not been socialized, they literally have not had an opportunity." He said, "we should focus on them now" because "if we don't, they will, or a portion of them, will become the predators 15 years from now."
Biden added that he didn't care "why someone is a malefactor in society" and that criminals needed to be "away from my mother, your husband, our families."

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 08:22:46 AM »
Biden on Race.

“The new integration plans being offered are really just quota systems to assure a certain number of blacks, Chicanos, or whatever in each school. That, to me, is the most racist concept you can come up with, What it says is, ‘In order for your child with curly black hair, brown eyes, and dark skin to be able to learn anything, he needs to sit next to my blond-haired, blue-eyed son.’ That’s racist!”

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden once said of former President Barack Obama. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:29:48 AM by Lloyd Perna »

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 11:55:47 AM »
“Gallup reported last week 56% of Americans said they were better off today than they were four years ago—would’ve been under the Obama-Biden administration,” the reporter said to Biden. “So why should people who feel they are better off today, under the Trump administration, vote for you?”

Biden responded, “Well, if they think that, they probably shouldn’t.”

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »
Joe Biden in May.

America’s the only nation in the world that when we’ve gone through a major crisis, we’ve almost always been able to come get through it and come out stronger. I’m hopeful. I’m going to need you if we win. I’m going to need you to help this time rebuild the backbone of this country, the middle class, but this time bring everybody along regardless of color, sexual preference, their backgrounds, whether they have any … Just bring everybody along.

In the words of Mazie Hirono... The LGBTQ+ community should be concerned with #WhatsAtStake with Joe Biden in the White House.