Author Topic: Election Results  (Read 34507 times)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Election Results
« Reply #1100 on: December 13, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »
Who hired him?

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 13, 2020, 11:21:39 AM »
Wm
Still no comment on the fact that Biden's family has no connection to Dominion?  Or that Powell's star witness is not the expert she claimed?

And that company specializes in medical fraud.  Not sure if their knowledge base extends to election machines where they have not actually looked at the machines.

Aris Katsaris

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 13, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »
Wm why do you still trust her?

The fraud investigator hired to debunk her came to an iteresting conclusion. He says Dominion is definitely corrupted and may have stolen the election and has officially urged an audit of the election: https://electionwiz.com/2020/12/12/fraud-investigator-who-sought-to-disprove-sidney-powell-says-his-analysis-shows-biden-did-1-5-better-where-dominion-machines-were-deployed-expert-recommends-audit/

You've already told us that you guys have the "goods" from the servers in Frankfurt and Spain, and that supposedly Trump won 410 electors.

You already told us about the Ware County supposedly checking the machines and discovering a 26% discrepancy. Still waiting for that info too.

We're still waiting for those goods, and now you're already starting a contradictory claim, about only 2 states (maximum 4) flipped, and a supposed 1.5% discrepancy (from his expectations based on statistical analysis) instead.

How can you believe all these things at the same time? Don't you understand that your latest piece of supposed evidence contradicts all the previous supposed pieces of evidence you were claiming?

Btw, the article doesn't even say the things you say. It doesn't say he was "hired to debunk her", and he doesn't say "Dominion is definitely corrupted".

All in all you persist with the same nonsense: The machines *have* been checked. The votes have been recounted manually. And you still instead believe random people on the internet.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 13, 2020, 12:06:38 PM »
Again their main point is that the machines are made to hide any chance of fraud being detected.  So there is no way to prove fraud didn't happen. They want us to prove a negative, which is, if I remember correctly, impossible.

They change the  normal order of argument and legal proceedings. Instead of the normal "Prove it happened" they want us to prove it didn't happen.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 13, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
When you hear the AZ Republican Party ask "Will you die for him?" Does anyone else get a Jonestown feeling?

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 13, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »
Evidence of any of that? From what I can find Biden's kids are named Beau, Hunter, Naomi and Ashely.  No Valerie on the list.  Maybe you want to fact check your statement first. Like the Trump team should have done.

My mistake. Valerie Biden Owens is an American political strategist, campaign manager and former educator. She is the younger sister of U.S. President-elect Joe Biden. U.S. President Barack Obama nominated her as advisor to the United Nations 71st General Assembly. Not his daughter - his sister. Still connected to Dominion, neh?

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 13, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »
No since her husband, John Owens, is not the person you were talking about, Stephen Owens.  Try again.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 13, 2020, 09:29:13 PM »
Wm I wonder, do you fact check any of the things you post with any site other than the ones you get the info from?  I mean even basic facts like from Wikipedia.  It took me all of 3 minutes to check that Biden did not have a daughter by the name.  Did you get your info from the Powell law suits? That is about the level of research they seem to be doing.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 14, 2020, 04:45:28 AM »
If wml logic came to life, it would be a Mr. Potato head that was left out in the sun too long.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 14, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »
EC is voting today. There are no legal challenges that are going to change the outcome of the electors voting. Still no sign that Trump is going to stop inflaming tensions by claiming he won and that there was massive fraud. His supporters are just becoming less connected with reality because they've heard his lies so many times.

We saw more violence in DC this weekend. Texas is talking about succession. Arizona republicans asking if people are willing to die for Trump. Several hundred members of the house may be willing to make a mess of the Jan 6 vote counting in the congress. How far are people really willing to support this con man?

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: December 14, 2020, 04:00:40 PM »
Wm why do you still trust her?

The fraud investigator hired to debunk her came to an iteresting conclusion. He says Dominion is definitely corrupted and may have stolen the election and has officially urged an audit of the election: https://electionwiz.com/2020/12/12/fraud-investigator-who-sought-to-disprove-sidney-powell-says-his-analysis-shows-biden-did-1-5-better-where-dominion-machines-were-deployed-expert-recommends-audit/

So how could one audit these results?  I know!  Manually count the votes.  After all, the Dominion systems can't change the paper ballots.  They can only fudge the addition.  So a manual recount will demonstrate the Dominion systems cheated when the totals are wildly different.

So if you really, truly believe this, William, donate money to Trump.  Once he's finished paying his bills for the election, he promises to use the money to show there was election fraud.  And now that we know it was the Dominion systems, what better way to prove it than to do a manual recount of the machines?  All the machines.  That will prove, once and for all, that there was voter fraud.  You know Donald is a man of integrity, so you can trust him to do the right thing! :)

So give him money, William.  Give him lots of money.  Show us that you believe in this country, believe in our elections, and truly believe in Donald Trump.  He needs you money.  He deserves your money.  Show us that you aren't just arguing for the sake of argument, and that you truly believe in what you are saying.  Only with your support will Donald Trump save this country.  ;D

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 14, 2020, 04:02:32 PM »
I think it is official now. The EC has voted and Biden is now President Elect. I wonder how many Republicans will call him that?

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 14, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »
Here's another result of the election: now Republicans all over the country are challenging the election results of their own elections.

Loren Culp (R) ran for governor of Washington and was crushed by Gov. Jay Inslee (D-WA), 57% to 43%. Culp refuses to concede and has sued Washington Secretary of State Kim Wyman (R) last week. He says he is the victim of a rigged election.

Congressional candidate Ted Howze (R), who lost to Rep. Josh Harder (D-CA) in CA-10 by 10 points and 30,000 votes, is also refusing to concede.

Congressional candidate Errol Webber (R), who was crushed by Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA) by 72 points, pointedly said: "I will NOT concede," even though his chances of winning in a D+37 district were roughly equal to the Texans' chances at the Alamo.

In Maryland, Kimberly Klacik (R) said her campaign would investigate the results of her race against Rep. Kweisi Mfume (D-MD), even though the incumbent won by more than 40 points.

In Tennessee, Charlotte Bergman (R) lost TN-09, a D+28 district, to Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) by 57 points. Instead of conceding, she reached out to pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell to contest the election.

In Massachusetts, John Paul Moran (R) claims that he beat Rep. Seth Moulton (R-MA), even though he actually lost by 30 points.

The list goes on and on. However, in Michigan, John James (R) finally conceded his loss to Sen. Gary Peters (D-MI)—but it took him three weeks after the AP called the race to do so.

Tick Segerblom, a Democratic commissioner for Clark County (NV), said: "I've been doing politics for 60 years and it's always been pretty much assumed, unless the margin was a handful of votes, that the winner was the winner and we all just went on our merry way. It's definitely a new era."

Mike Madrid, a Republican strategist and one of the founders of the Lincoln Project, said: "Right now it's mostly kooks and crackpots, but it's pretty rapidly becoming mainstream Republican thought." Fundamentally, democracy can't function if the loser insists he or she won, especially when the margin was large and there is no evidence of any fraud."

For Republicans, there is no incentive to concede. Much of the Republican base believes the election was rigged, so any loser who claims he won will be seen by the base as a hero who is fighting for his rights rather than a sore loser. Facts no longer play a role in deciding who won and calls by local and national media outlets are just "fake news" to much of the base.

Congratulations, all you Republicans who believe Trump's assertion that the election was rigged and enthusiastically support him.  Because of your effort, now all American elections are liable to be like the America's Cup race.  First we get to see who crosses the finish line first.  Then we get to go to court to have declared who "really" won the race.  :'(

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 14, 2020, 06:28:52 PM »
What's the chance of Fox News spending weeks of news and op-ed time repeating that they admit to having defamed Smartmatic?

Smartmatic demands a full and complete retraction of all false and defamatory statements and reports published by Fox News," the legal notice added. "This retraction must be done with the same intensity and level of coverage that you used to defame the company in the first place."
Smartmatic, which said it is reserving its legal right to pursue possible defamation claims against Fox News, One America News, and Newsmax, said its response to the conspiracy theories are "more than just about Smartmatic or any other company."

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 14, 2020, 06:59:13 PM »
I hope Dominion does the same thing next.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 14, 2020, 07:00:51 PM »
What's the chance of Fox News spending weeks of news and op-ed time repeating that they admit to having defamed Smartmatic?

I'm curious if a judge could order it as a remedy?

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 14, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »
So now the next coup attempt will be in the Congress according to Stephen Miller. He says they now have until Jan 20 to get their law suits heard. I would have thought it would be Jan 6 when the do the actual counting in the Congress.  Let's see how Serati and Wm spin this as a win for Trump and how they have massive amounts of evidence (not submitted in any law suit) of wrong doing.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 14, 2020, 08:45:40 PM »
And the Fat Lady sings.   No matter what Stephen Miller says.  Of course he says it wrong. He said that they have until Jan 20 to get their law suits ruled on but at worst it would be Jan 6 when the votes are read in Congress.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 14, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 14, 2020, 09:38:48 PM »
Look at this video and understand how easy it is to prove election fraud: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/huge-real-simple-fact-prove-massive-fraud-election-inventor-qr-code-can-prove/

So now its super easy to show fraud? Why haven't we seen any evidence in 6 weeks at this point? Are Trump and his team that incompetent?

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 15, 2020, 07:29:44 AM »
As usual, just when I'm starting to believe the Democrats about something because of the total media putsch in every single story exclaiming the unfounded nature of voter fraud allegations, Ann brings me back to reality.

https://anncoulter.com/2020/12/09/voter-fraud-never-happens-except-in-these-10000-cases/

"A few years later, we found out that more than 1,000 felons, ineligible to vote, had cast votes in the 2008 Minnesota election. (To state the obvious, felons support Democrats by about 10-1.) There were 113 separate convictions for voter fraud in that election. That’s not easy: In Minnesota, a conviction for voter fraud requires proof that you broke the law knowingly.

More than 100 convictions for something that never happens, way, way back in the prehistoric days of 2008 — who could remember that?"

I wonder how many convictions for voter fraud will we see for this election?

Now that's not to say that there definitely was the massive voter fraud that would have been necessary to steal this election but it is to say that the media and the Democrats are going overboard in a "the lady doth protest too much, methinks" way acting like significant voter fraud doesn't happen, it's not something we need to be worried about, and anyone bringing up concerns is a seditious lunatic traitor undermining the foundations of our democratic institutions and needs to be immediately and permanently canceled.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 15, 2020, 09:00:36 AM »
As usual, just when I'm starting to believe the Democrats about something because of the total media putsch in every single story exclaiming the unfounded nature of voter fraud allegations, Ann brings me back to reality.

She brings you back to a strawman argument. No one is claiming there was 0 voter fraud everywhere. The media and all the state officials in charge of elections are claiming there was no coordinated massive voter fraud and no massive voter fraud at all. Where there some ineligible voters on the rolls somewhere who voted? Most likely. Where they part of some massive democratic conspiracy that affected hundreds of thousands of votes across multiple states? Absolutely not. Trump's claims are unfounded and absurd. The only way they are convincing you they have anything to do with reality is to claim that the only alternative is no voter fraud anywhere.

Aris Katsaris

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 15, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »
Now that's not to say that there definitely was the massive voter fraud that would have been necessary to steal this election but it is to say that the media and the Democrats are going overboard in a "the lady doth protest too much, methinks" way acting like significant voter fraud doesn't happen, it's not something we need to be worried about, and anyone bringing up concerns is a seditious lunatic traitor undermining the foundations of our democratic institutions and needs to be immediately and permanently canceled.

"Bringing up concerns".

Is that what you'd call a fair and accurate description of what Trump & his Trumpists have been doing? Are they just "bringing up concerns" about the possibility of election fraud? One wonders then why they have the chutzpah of saying that Trump won, and even sent their own fake electors to cast votes in a parallel elector vote, when they only have "concerns".

I suppose if and when Trump performs his own parallel fake inauguration (which I'm giving him about 40% odds of doing), you'll also describe that as him merely raising "concerns".

Well, let me make it clear for you: In contradiction to your whitewashing of their sins these people are not merely "bringing up concerns", they're loudly ASSERTING that LOTS and LOTS of fraud did as a fact happen, and they're loudly proclaiming that Trump won (by LOTS).

There's also a few weasels, of course, who speak in maybes and what-ifs, but always directed in the direction of excusing Trump's claims in various ways. They are on the same side as the either-criminal-or-delusional Trump cultists, except that these sort of people are actually fully aware that Trump lost, and they just don't give a *censored*, they'll do anything to defend his con and muddle the issue with supposed hypotheticals.

In that respect, that type of people are even worse than the portion of the Trump cultists who are delusional but honestly believe the crap they're saying.

--

You know what's a form of theft? If Alice accuses in public of Bob of stealing something from her, when Alice actually knows it's Bob's legitimate property, but she's trying to deceive the public.

And you, I guess, are the passerby who says "Well, some people do steal things occassionally, so there's nothing wrong with Alice's accusation." even after Bob has already given a truckload of evidence that nope there was no theft involved, it's actually his legitimately.

Same as Alice in the hypothetical, Trump & his cultists are trying to perpetrate election fraud right now, with their unsubstantiated and disproven allegations about election fraud. And you're the guy excusing them, because "Well, occasionally election fraud happens, so it's okay for them to be asserting that it happened right now and massively so"

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 15, 2020, 11:24:24 AM »
And they are 1-59 in the courts. That type of track record is amazing. The only win was reducing the number of days allowed to cure votes in PA down from 6 to 3 I think and that was very early on. Affected less than 300-400 ballots total IIRC.

How many losses does it take to get to the center of a fraud accusation?  We can ask Mr. Owl.  Bonus points to people who get that reference.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 15, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
"one... two...three *crunch*"

It takes three.

(you're so old)

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: December 15, 2020, 11:31:29 AM »
Trumpian logic.

Fraud is possible, therefore there is massive fraud.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 15, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
Trumpian logic.

Fraud is possible, therefore there is massive fraud.

And despite the evidence that I was the one who outperformed polls the massive fraud was only committed by democrats. Even though every Republican seems to know exactly how easy it is to commit massive widespread vote fraud.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 15, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
Looks like 7 states have dueling electors in play at this point, although the Trump electors don't have proper legislative authorization as of yet.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:24 AM »
Really?  Dueling electors?  I thought the states had picked their electors, and Biden won?  or do you mean the Trump electors who do not agree that Biden won and say they are alternate electors? But have no standing.  Those are not electors. If you do not have proper authorization, you are not that item.

kidv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 15, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
Way back around page 7 of this thread I went looking around for how the U.S. and courts in the U.S. have been dealing with voter fraud, aware that election security should be a bi-partisan issue and that there is an constitutional interplay between election security and voter suppression, (the basis of the voting rights act, for instance).

I was happy to learn and share that Kris Kobach, Mr. Voter FraudTM, held a trial in Kansas on the issue of voter fraud and had a chance to submit his evidence and experts on the issue, including the expert behind the claims of vast amounts of illegal voters systematically voting in U.S. elections (which I believe is the basis for Trump's claim that he actually won the popular vote in 2016).  I also noted that President Trump created a Presidential Commission on Election Integrity in 2017, with Kris Kobach, Mr. Voter FraudTM as vice chair. 

Let's all let this sink in:  President Donald Trump, three years before battling for his political life over an election allegedly stolen from him through voter fraud, while in control of all houses of congress, created a presidential commission on voter fraud which quietly disbanded instead of making any findings, issuing any reports, or even staying open to serve as a clearing house for the concerns which are being raised at this very moment by the President himself.  (Cherry or somebody asked a couple pages ago, why aren't we doing anything to check on this issue of voter fraud, outside the specific context of this election?)  The U.S. is.  That's what Bill Barr ordered out loud, and what U.S. attorneys do.  By and large the voter fraud that occurs is bi-partisan, negligible, and it gets caught.  The claims of wide-spread voter fraud have been investigated and disclaimed by U.S. head of election security, (fired), and re-iterated by Bill Barr, of all people.

The courts that have actually taken evidence on fraud in this election have heard evidence, reviewed affidavits and dismissed it.  Every one.

On an institutional level, the Kansas case which I referenced above was the bellwether of this:  There was an actual trial, with evidence, no holds barred, and the court weighed the claims and dismissed them.  The court of appeals upheld those findings in an extensive opinion. 

I listed these items as proof that so far all these studies and court cases had found that voter fraud was not a significant issue in the U.S. [Note:  Every study.  Every Court case. Now we have 59 more.]
In response Noel C. properly noted that the Kansas case had been appealed to the Supreme Court and he was confident that the Supreme Court would overturn the decision.  [Good point.]

I am happy to report (for the sake of America being more secure if voter fraud is not a significant issue in America), the Supreme Court of the United States denied certiorari to the appeal of the Kansas Case this morning, meaning that the actual findings that voter fraud being statistically indistinguishable from zero in that case, in Kansas, are now permanent findings of fact.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/20-109.html

With that bookend, as much as people (and the president) quibble and battle, the actual state of the record in the U.S. by all studies and court cases which have analyzed the issue, is that voter fraud in not a significant issue in the U.S.

[I sheepishly quote myself below for the links included, for the proper addition that cert. has been denied for the Kansas appeals case quoted].

Let's try this more directly:

"A subsequent study The Guardian cites found that more than 99% of the people the system had flagged for potential voter fraud were, in fact, distinct voters."
"The article also mentions Kobach’s opinion piece for right-wing publication Breitbart in 2017, which claimed there was proof that New Hampshire’s elections had been swung because of voter fraud. The state’s top election official reprimanded Kobach, saying there was no such proof."
“It’s the same thing over and over and over — say it, say it, say it — and push it out there,” Lorraine Minnite, a professor at Rutgers University-Camden who studies voter fraud, told The Guardian. “It functions just like propaganda.”
"Trump appointed Kobach vice chair of the Presidential Commission on Election Integrity in 2017. The commission was disbanded in 2018, after finding no evidence to support widespread voter-fraud allegations."
https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article246745826.html

"The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday."
https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d

Hey! Here's an actual study referenced above, which studies and reviews the claims of voter fraud:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/aop-cambridge-core/content/view/F0F11207B6EC1A0A5DE18DC283ACE926/S000305541900087Xa.pdf/one_person_one_vote_estimating_the_prevalence_of_double_voting_in_us_presidential_elections.pdf

Just do some google searches and follow some links.  The news reports the consensus in line with the finding that "After extensive research, Levitt (2007) and Minnite (2010) conclude that little to no voter fraud—of any stripe—has occurred in recent U.S. elections." (cambridge link, id.)

As I do my google-fu, it seems some people disagree with those findings, but no one is still presenting any actual evidence of widespread voter fraud.

The news stories I'd found and linked (or didn't like) indicate stories of the people who try to commit voter fraud are not being successful.

-----------------------------------

The balance, which hasn't been responded to, is that tightening voter ID historically was directed to illegal voter suppression and functionally continues to do so now.  For this reason (equal protection) the Kansas voter ID law was ruled unconstitutional in 2018, decision affirmed by the court of appeals in 2020. 

"“The district court found that even under calculations from one of the Secretary’s experts, the estimated number of suspended applications that belonged to noncitizens was ‘statistically indistinguishable from zero,’ while ‘more than 99% of the individuals’ whose voter-registration applications were suspended were citizens who presumably would have been able to vote but for the DPOC requirement,” the court noted in its 84-page ruling."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/federal-appeals-court-rules-voter-id-law-unconstitutional

The appellate decision is in the link the Washington Examiner link. Probably a good read with actual evidence.
Probably supports the idea that Canada and the U.S. have equivalent levels of voter fraud, which is to say, negligible.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 15, 2020, 12:17:23 PM »
Looks like 7 states have dueling electors in play at this point, although the Trump electors don't have proper legislative authorization as of yet.

So the Republican party in seven states is trying to override the will of the voters? Trying to cause chaos? They are pretty close to sedition.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 15, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
Well McConnell is now using the term President Elect for Biden. So there is that.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 15, 2020, 02:13:48 PM »
For those Trumpist on the site who say that judges are not ruling on the on the merits, that is not quite true.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-appointed-trump-heard-case-064713769.html

A Trump appointed judge allowed the Trump team to present its case and still rejected it on it's merits. Why?

Because while the Trump team yells a good game in public. But when it comes time to put the evidence in front of a judge, they shut up.

1-59. The numbers speak for themselves. One of the worst legal teams in the history of the world.

Aris Katsaris

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 15, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
Was checking out the early pages of this thread and look what I found:

Well the lines at polls here locally are longest I've seen, despite it being a blue state and one that heavily sold early voting.  Not sure how to take that

Gee, Seriati himself on November 3 witnessing and testifying with his own eyes, there was was bigger turnout than he'd ever seen!

Nowadays, of course, Seriati claims to believe the increase in Biden's numbers over Hillary's "odd" and supposedly an indication that there was millions of vote worth of massive fraud throughout the nation, because how can it possibly have been that he got more votes than Hillary. Even though he himself had testified to us that the lines at polls were longest than he'd ever seen!

Chew on that, people.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 15, 2020, 02:37:07 PM »

"... as of yet"

This would suggest you think there is a non-trivial chance of these random people acquiring "legislative authorization"... Is that really your belief?

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 15, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »
More law suit smack downs.

A person who was not eligible to vote in AZ sued 35 days after the election to over turn the AZ results.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-judge-scraps-election-fraud-182057372.html

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 15, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »
So what happens if Trumps lawyers get disbarred for all of their hack law suits? Will they play the victim card?  Of course they will. They didn't bring frivolous law suits. They are being punished for bringing corruption out into the light. The Swamp fights back. Even if it is Trump appointed judges.

Trumps only problem with appointing law and order judges is when the follow the law.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 15, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »
So, msquared, you think this might be happening? :)

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 15, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »

"... as of yet"

This would suggest you think there is a non-trivial chance of these random people acquiring "legislative authorization"... Is that really your belief?

In one or two states its possible that chances are non-trivial, but I doubt enough will be "properly authorized" in time to impact the January 6th Congressional review of the electoral college results.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 16, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »

"... as of yet"

In one or two states its possible that chances are non-trivial, but I doubt enough will be "properly authorized" in time to impact the January 6th Congressional review of the electoral college results.

Listen to yourself. This is the danger of Trump, he incrementally gets people to go so much further than they ever would have considered jumping to. Your saying there are multiple states that may uncertify their electors because Trump said fraud enough times.

All his court cases have been losers. No massive fraud has ever been shown. Every time they put out a story its debunked within hours or days.

Its the same thing with getting the Russia investigation called a hoax. The undisputed facts are:
1) Russian intelligence played around on facebook and other social media to inflame tensions and help Trump.
2) Trump's son and campaign manager met with Russians claiming to be people who had dirt on Clinton.
3) Members of the Trump campaign shared polling data with Russian operatives.

All of that happened and was admitted to. Its fine to say in the end no crime was committed but to believe the whole investigation some conspiratorial hoax to hurt Trump is only because you have heard Trump and his supporters in the media repeat it so many times.

He keeps inching his most rabid supporters towards open rebellion when the inauguration doesn't go his way. He's not going to call openly for it, but he supports those dumb anti-election rallies in DC that always lead to violence. If enough violence can get sparked he'll try to take advantage in some way.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: December 16, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
Let's point out that it is no longer inching towards.

VA state senator Amanda Chase:

“President Trump should declare martial law as recommended by General Flynn,” she wrote, referring to the former national security adviser and presidential pardon recipient.

“Martial law comes in if none of these options work,” she said. “General Flynn is the one who first talked about it in his interview right after he was pardoned. … He recommended that President Trump implement martial law to go and seize these machines and voting equipment to find the voter fraud. There needs to be a national audit.”

Ohio Tea Party Leader Tom Zawistowski:

Calling former Vice President Joe Biden’s Nov. 3 victory over Trump “fraudulent,” the Ohio-based “We The People Convention” took out a full-page ad in the Washington Times on Tuesday urging Trump to “immediately declare a limited form of Martial Law, and temporarily suspend the Constitution and civilian control of these federal elections, for the sole purpose of having the military oversee a re-vote.”

The organization called for the revote to include only registered voters with photo IDs, to be limited to only paper ballots, to be hand counted and with members of both Democrat and Republican parties observing.

Retired military officer Scott O'Grady:

The White House on Monday nominated O'Grady to be assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs at the Pentagon.

O'Grady, who headed the group Veterans for Trump during the campaign, is just one of several prominent, retired military officials who have promoted some of the most outlandish election conspiracy theories and, in some cases, voiced approval for martial law.

And we're familiar with this guy already:

Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney recently made the bogus claim that U.S. special operations forces were killed in Germany when they tried to take over a CIA computer facility in Germany. He alleged, without any evidence, that the CIA was concealing information about vote fraud that flipped ballots from Trump to Biden.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 16, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »
A "non-trivial chance" doesn't mean that he has a particularly good chance of it happening.

I'd still hold to Republicans going forward with legislatively changing the outcome being political suicide for the party, and enough Republican legislators share that view to make the odds of it happening extremely low.

So for the ones that are "making noises" at present there would be a small contingent of "true believers" but a number of others are likely just going through the motions in order to appease Trump's base to improve their chances in the next election cycle(they don't want to be primaried). We shall see what happens on January 6th.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 16, 2020, 04:02:20 PM »

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 16, 2020, 04:09:29 PM »
No named source with no evidence.    Yeah that is convincing.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 16, 2020, 04:12:15 PM »
Political suicide or justice? https://populist.press/intel-source-declares-president-trump-the-winner-of-2020-election/

Curious wmLambert: Do you really believe trump won? And do you ever worry about conformation bias and participation in echo chambers?   

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 16, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »
Don't just sit there, Wiliam.  Trump needs your help to prove this election was stolen from him.

You know where you need to send your checks to.  There's even a 100% match for a limited time! :)

Remember, this is our country that is at stake! ;)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 16, 2020, 04:18:38 PM »
Yeah the FBI and the DOJ, both run by Trump appointees, are hiding evidence of mass voter fraud that no one else has found.

You never will accept the election was fair, even if Trump tells you he lied.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 16, 2020, 05:02:05 PM »
Is that the same guy who admitted he never actually worked in intel, he just took some training classes? My filter says the site is likely riddled with disease, aka virus.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 16, 2020, 05:40:26 PM »
Probably not. They know who he is.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 16, 2020, 05:52:58 PM »
Also Powell went full racist attack on McConnell yesterday.  Said he was owned by China. Even though she was born in Taiwan, not communist China.