Author Topic: A Message from the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump:  (Read 87469 times)

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: A Message from the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump:
« Reply #1100 on: July 31, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »
Well, this is out his own mouth.

Wallace asked Trump “can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?”

“I have to see,” Trump said of accepting the result in November. “I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.”

You tell me how to interpret that as Trump saying he'd accept the results.

When Trump was a challenger from the party out of power, "not accepting the results" is bad for the political climate  of the country. The sitting president not accepting the results of an election he lost is a constitutional crisis with the potential for massive civil unrest and conflict.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 31, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »

Wallace asked Trump “can you give a direct answer that you will accept the election?”

“I have to see,” Trump said of accepting the result in November. “I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.”

When Trump was a challenger from the party out of power, "not accepting the results" is bad for the political climate  of the country. The sitting president not accepting the results of an election he lost is a constitutional crisis with the potential for massive civil unrest and conflict.

Absolutely the correct approach to take. The Democrats have screamed about Russia and other malevolent nations compromising our elections, yet are trying to craft a system very easy to corrupt. Most of that will be their own vote scamming, but even more is the opportunity for foreign intrigue. The UPSP has stated that they lose up to five percent of the mail. Mail-in voting is not absentee voting, which is tightly controlled and verified. Trump has made the distinction. If Democrats try to steal the election and get caught at it, should anyone accept the skewed results? It's not a hard question. The only persons to oppose this approach would be those using the voting process to scam.

In New York the local election held on a mail-in basis is still uncalled going on four weeks. The national election could be uncalled going into four months. We've already seen documented mail-in ballots being sent to deceased and persons who have moved. There is zero ability to monitor and check on correct balloting. The best approach is to hold the voting for election day and safeguard the voting centers as best we can. There is no reason not to allow local precincts to do this. Many events change the voting decisions before the election, and latest possible decision-making is required.

Absentee voting is available to anyone who wants it and can't get to the voting centers. Of course the Dems want to force ballots onto those who don't vote - or make it easy for their henchmen to vote in their stead. For my POV, I prefer only those who know what they are doing vote. I see the interviews on the street of idiots who are clueless, and can't name their own Senators and Representatives, or even the name of the VP. Why fight to get their clueless voting? Poll taxes and other Deep South Democrat techniques for blocking Black votes were reprehensible, yet the opposite process to steal votes is even worse. That is Democrat voting design - to steal the vote. If they do, and if Trump does not try to save the election, there may well be a civil war. Here again, Trump is on the correct side.

wmLambert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 31, 2020, 03:07:24 PM »
Ben Franklin had the right opinion on this. He noted that if you allow a vote based on a poll tax - for instance - if he owned a mule, them if he lost the mule, he also lost the franchise. IOW it wasn't the voter who had the vote, but the mule. Democrats are pushing the idea again - but instead of a poll tax, it is receiving a ballot in the mail. In places totally run by Democrats, there will be no stopping the fake ballots. BTW, China and Russia are already printing up bogus ballots to scam our votes. I'm sure they would select Biden, the shill for the Obama-Clinton reset machine.

If Biden could shut down fracking, offshore drilling, pipelines, and drilling at Anwar, the Russia's Gazprom would be the beneficiary, and then Biden's family could get richer.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 31, 2020, 05:08:26 PM »

The non-nefarious answer to that is we know mail-in voting is rife for all kinds of abuse and "systemic issues" as witnessed with the whole 20% vote disqualification rate in one (local) race.

His answer is completely valid in the context of a scenario where the margin of victory in a small number of states is less than a 4 percentage points if there are wide spread reports of ballots either being "held" due to verification concerns, or other anomalies like more people voting in a precinct than live within its borders.

If there is a "clear decision" by the voters, the answer is obvious. But if the result is ambiguous, or takes longer than overnight to suss out than "we'll see" is the correct and only valid response he can give.

Do you really think Biden is going to give a clear cut answer on "Accepting the results" at this stage of the game? But of course, Biden isn't the one you're worried about.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 31, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »
The non-nefarious answer to that is we know mail-in voting is rife for all kinds of abuse and "systemic issues" as witnessed with the whole 20% vote disqualification rate in one (local) race.
Actually - we really do not know this.

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 31, 2020, 07:47:40 PM »
Actually - we really do not know this.

It is reasonable to conclude the story is likely to play out in a lot of the country if most votes are done by mail.

https://thefulcrum.us/fact-check/paterson-election-fraud

If it has already happened once this year, it can happen again.
And given what the process is for challenging ballots you can be reasonably certain that both sides will likely be challenging any error on an absentee ballot cast from a district they know to not be likely to swing their way when it comes to the known swing states in particular.

We're going to be setting records for "set aside" ballots, and both parties on their own would likely be able to pull off shattering that record, never mind the combined stat.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 31, 2020, 08:29:12 PM »
Ramping up mail in voting without proper controls will be a challenge.

Evidence of fraud in the states that use mail-in-voting exclusively is almost non-existent.

CBS News

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 02, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
“We’re going to be doing a health-care plan. We’re going to be doing a very inclusive health-care plan. I’ll be signing it sometime very soon...Might be Sunday. But it’s going to be very soon.”--Donald Trump, July 19, 2020.

Of course, it could have been anytime in the past four years.  Once you've decided not to worry about delivering on your promises, it really doesn't matter when you say you'll do it. :)

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 03, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »
Technically, he said it would be signed within two weeks:

Bloomberg News Wire - July 19, 2020:

We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care-plan,” Trump said. “We’re going to sign an immigration plan, a health-care plan, and various other plans.”

Trump on Thursday suggested that the administration would soon be “going into the world of health-care - very complete health-care, and we have a lot of very exciting things to discuss.”

Two weeks is up... today (well,, yesterday, but that was a Sunday...)

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 03, 2020, 11:00:54 AM »
And on capital hill they can't even settle on a new coronavirus relief package.

That being said I do support a modification to the $600 per week unemployment insurance. Keep a boost but transition to a more European model of 70%-80% of income pre-covid. Its a little absurd long term to pay people more to stay home than they were making working, and more than a lot of people who are still having to go to work. But the other Democratic points of giving states, cities, schools, and hospitals lots of money is a good idea. We don't want to start a great depression by having the virus do what politicians aren't really ready to do; defund the police, schools, prisons, etc because all the states and cities ran out of money.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 03, 2020, 03:12:07 PM »
Yossarian is right, there are a number of problems with the simplistic unemployment fixed boost. There are regional inequities, because of cost of living difference between states and regions. They used the mean rather than the median. And there isn't any real relationship to true wages.

Two nits to pick, remember that the European model is based on having a much higher minimum wage that can allow people to better survive on 70-80%. They also don't have to worry about paying for healthcare out of that share. There are significant additional problems with trying to compare the two, including the fact that in the UK, the government was paying the 80% while the employer was paying the additional 20%.

Second, is that it doesn't matter how much incentive you have to work if there are no available jobs. Some people might apply for essential worker jobs - janitors as an example, one of the jobs most likely to have this disparity. The ones that are left over, how long are they going to be able to live on 70%? Did you think they had 30% of discretionary spending they can cut back on?

I'll add a third, that the withdrawal of support will add political fuel to opening up in an unsafe way so that all those people can survive economically. It creates an incentive for people to agitate and file lawsuits so they can get back their bartending gigs.

I'd like the idea of a 100% cap for these reasons, but I don't know how easy that is to implement logistically.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 03, 2020, 03:43:38 PM »
In response to Deborah Birx observing that COVID-19 is widespread throughout the country, a not exactly controversial point to make, the whinger in chief once again calls the Twitter wambulance:

So Crazy Nancy Pelosi said horrible things about Dr. Deborah Birx, going after her because she was too positive on the very good job we are doing on combatting the China Virus, including Vaccines & Therapeutics. In order to counter Nancy, Deborah took the bait & hit us. Pathetic!

What exactly did Birx say to trigger president snowflake?

"What we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas," she said, suggesting that some Americans in multi-generational families should start wearing masks inside their homes.
She did not reject a warning by former Federal Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb that there could be 300,000 coronavirus deaths by the end of the year, saying, "Anything is possible."

It's almost impressive how he can make concern about the spread of a virus all about himself, or that he believes admitting even the most mundane fact must somehow be a personal attack against himself.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 04, 2020, 11:19:55 AM »
Looking back at other things that didn't age well, from the Vice President's opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal on June 16: Mike Pence claimed "There Isn’t a Coronavirus ‘Second Wave’" and admonished the media for (accurately, it turned out) "sounding the alarm bells over" for a growing catastrophe in the southern states.

In recent days, the media has taken to sounding the alarm bells over a “second wave” of coronavirus infections. Such panic is overblown. Thanks to the leadership of President Trump and the courage and compassion of the American people, our public health system is far stronger than it was four months ago, and we are winning the fight against the invisible enemy.

I can only imagine the state of the country absent all of this "winning".

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 04, 2020, 11:58:31 AM »
You really have to listen to this. It is so cringe-worthy it is physically painful to watch.

Axios on HBO: Swan interviews Trump

We're lower than... the world. We're lower than... Europe. Take a look - right here. Here's case/death.

Look, here is the United States. You have to go by the cases; the people that live from those cases.

This man is literally the head of state of a country.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 04, 2020, 05:52:52 PM »
Trump, realizing his geriatric voting block in Florida might be dissuaded from exercising their franchise:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True. Florida’s Voting system has been cleaned up (we defeated Democrats attempts at change), so in Florida I encourage all to request a Ballot & Vote by Mail! #MAGA

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 04, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »
Donald J. Trump, the statesman:

Swan: John Lewis is lying in state in the US Capital.  How do you think history will remember John Lewis?

Trump: I don’t know...  I really don’t know.  I don’t know.  I don’t know John Lewis.  He chose not to come to my inauguration…. he chose - I never met John Lewis, actually.

It was hard to see how Trump could make such a question all about himself, but bravo, sir, I tip my hat to you.  That was exceptionally smooth.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 05, 2020, 09:15:58 AM »
The Russian bounty story has been in the public consciousness since at least June - so at the very least, even if he didn't read his briefings at the time, and even if he had managed to avoid being spoken to about the bounties, there's no longer an excuse for NOT having enquired about the possibility that Russia was paying to kill US soldiers, never mind opening a thorough intelligence review on the subject, and making it a priority.

Suggesting that "it didn't reach his desk" is no longer even remotely an excuse - it requires him to have actively decided not to investigate a hugely public issue.  This is rising to the level of dereliction of duty.  If he was anybody's employee, he would have been fired for cause.

Jonathan Swan: (16:28)
Mr. President, different subject, it’s been widely reported that the U.S. has intelligence indicating that Russia paid bounties or offered to pay bounties to Taliban fighters to kill American soldiers.

You had a phone call with Vladimir Putin on July 23rd. Did you bring up this issue?

President Donald J. Trump: (16:42)
No. That was a phone call to discuss other things. And frankly, that’s an issue that many people said was fake news.
Jonathan Swan: (17:14)
And you’ve never discussed it with him.

President Donald J. Trump: (17:15)
I have never discussed it with him. No. I would. I’d have no problem with it.
---
President Donald J. Trump: (17:36)
A much bigger problem than global warming in terms of the real world, that would be a great thing. No. It never reached my desk.
You know why? Because intelligence, they didn’t think it was real.

Jonathan Swan: (17:48)
It was in your written brief though about it.

President Donald J. Trump: (17:50)
They didn’t think it was worthy. I wouldn’t mind. If it reached my desk, I would have done something about it. It never reached my desk because-
President Donald J. Trump: (18:25)
The world is a very angry place, if you look all over the world. We call up. I see a 22 soldiers were killed in India with China fighting over the border. It’s been raging for many, many decades. And they’ve been fighting and back and forth. I have so many briefings on so many different countries, but this one didn’t reach my desk.

Jonathan Swan: (18:50)
The reason I say this is, even if you don’t believe this particular piece of intelligence, and there is dispute, no doubt, there is dispute in the intelligence committee about it, John Nicholson, former head of forces in Afghanistan said, and this is when he was working for you, that Russia is supplying weapons to the Taliban. Isn’t that enough to challenge Putin over the killings of U.S. soldiers?
Jonathan Swan: (19:30)
But you surely heard that. Right? I mean, it’s well known in the intelligence community, that they’re arming the Taliban, Russia.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:36)
I don’t know. When you say arming is-

Jonathan Swan: (19:38)
Supplying weapons.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:39)
Paying or they-

Jonathan Swan: (19:40)
Russia is supplying weapons and money to the Taliban.

President Donald J. Trump: (19:42)
I have heard that but, again, it’s never reached my desk.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:20 PM »
The problem or a problem is Trumps inability to communicate complex ideas and the interview expecting that he can.

Trump is implying that if a issue does not cross his desk but comes up he is not responsible to looking into it.  That's a problem of leadership
His explanation that intelligence on the issue was week and so not something he can address with Russia is valid.
The next question should have been. Will There be further investigation? 
Instead Trump rambles about what does and does not  'crosses his desk' confusing the issue with a leadership question.

And when trump talks about the methods of measurement of covid data he dons't or can't talk about the nuances of measurements and why things might be measured multiple ways.
One suspect Trump or the ones feeding him information chose the measurement of Active covid cases - death ratio for no other reason then that that Trump would like those number better.
It is a valid measurement as is the measurement of population - death measurement. Both provide info but in context. Trump isn't' capable of explaining context so it all gets muddled and we are left to unscramble what the he "means".

And then their all his 'facts' based on the old he heard someone had this or that experience but for which he seldom has a name for that someone or them.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 05, 2020, 01:47:27 PM »
His inability and even more his refusal to engage with issues that threaten him personally, is a significant problem.

His own people have let slip that bringing anything Russia-related to him is basically unacceptable; think about that - people in the president's orbit will not provide him information concerning a significant competitor of the USA, one that is possibly, even likely, targeting the country's armed forces, thereby completely impeding the country's ability to defend itself and to defend its own troops.

In the same way, Trump is seemingly incapable of providing leadership in controlling the pandemic, because he sees the virus as being a weapon used against his re-election chance, even though actually addressing the pandemic and reducing infection rates would benefit him in the medium term.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 05, 2020, 03:15:42 PM »
His inability and even more his refusal to engage with issues that threaten him personally, is a significant problem.

His own people have let slip that bringing anything Russia-related to him is basically unacceptable; think about that - people in the president's orbit will not provide him information concerning a significant competitor of the USA, one that is possibly, even likely, targeting the country's armed forces, thereby completely impeding the country's ability to defend itself and to defend its own troops.

In the same way, Trump is seemingly incapable of providing leadership in controlling the pandemic, because he sees the virus as being a weapon used against his re-election chance, even though actually addressing the pandemic and reducing infection rates would benefit him in the medium term.

His psychology and reasoning abilities are not well suited for leadership

Trumps comment on the Lebanon blast shows lack of judgment. True he was just repeating what he was told and one imagines the selected individuals he listened to for that information. But it was irresponsible as a leader to make such statements when the answer wasn't known.  One wonders if or how this information crossed his desk?  I would bet his sources where his online conspiracy go to's and not a official briefing.
So yeah how he said what he said not wrong int that he wasn't saying it as a fact but speculation. Just another example of poor leadership intelligence.