Author Topic: Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Slogans  (Read 260 times)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Slogans
« on: February 15, 2021, 07:52:19 AM »
To the Beatles tune: "So You Think You Want an Insurrection".

MTGA  (Make Trump Great Again).

If I loose an election it was stolen.

I Can't go to jail if I'm President, right?

Any more?

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Slogans
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 09:43:10 AM »
You hated everything we did but we at least we aren't as bad as Trump!

Vote for me! I'm not Trump or Biden!

Vote for the status quo! It's safer than voting for progress!

Vote Republican because the Democrats haven't magically fixed all the problems we caused!

Vote Democrat because we haven't finished pretending to fix the problems yet!

White Supremacy! Now capable of sounding presidential.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 01:14:29 PM »
Vote for Power. Vote for Light. As in having electricity.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 01:27:33 PM »
The energy problem in Texas is due to the failed state of Texas and how they handle energy.  Gas and oil and electricity have failed the state.

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 01:36:33 PM »
Vote for Power. Vote for Light. As in having electricity.

Hard to see how Republicans spin this one. They took Texas off the national grid to avoid federal regulations and then failed to build a system that could handle a temperature drop below freezing. Republicans in Texas have pretty complete control of the levers of government so ... Biden's fault?

fizz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 02:08:23 PM »
But the severe winter storm has, among some Republicans, been used to open up a new culture war around the expansion of renewable energy, which is a stated priority of Biden in order to address the climate crisis.

“This shows how the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal for the United States of America,” Greg Abbott, Texas’s Republican governor, told Fox News about an ambitious but not enacted plan to rapidly phase out fossil fuels. “It just shows that fossil fuel is necessary for the state of Texas as well as other states, to make sure that we’ll be able to heat our homes in the wintertime and cool our homes in the summertime.”

Abbott’s attack contradicts the operators of the Texas grid, which is overwhelmingly run on gas and oil, who have confirmed the plunging temperatures caused gas plants to seize up at the same time as a huge spike in demand for heating. Nevertheless, images of ice-covered wind turbines, taken in Sweden in 2014, were shared widely among conservatives on social media as proof of the frailty of clean energy.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/17/texas-power-blackout-weather-cold

yossarian22c

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »
Abbott said that several natural gas and coal generators had been unable to generate power because of the freezing conditions. Several wind turbines were also frozen, but even so, ERCOT data showed that wind-driven power exceeded expectations.

So they need more wind turbines. Or better weatherized coal and gas plants.

Their fossil fuel power plants had to shut down because they froze up. Most of the wind turbines are working as expected, to the extent that they are providing more power than usual but Republicans still want to blame the wind turbines for not compensating for multiple coal and gas plants shutting down due to the cold weather.

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 02:34:00 PM »
I actually agree with all of y'all about all that and understand your points but reality and the truth doesn't necessarily have to be at the heart of a good campaign slogan.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 02:38:34 PM »
Beat your anti-wind drum somewhere else. It is sound and fury signifying nothing.

Why Wind Turbines In Cold Climates Don’t Freeze: De-Icing And Carbon Fiber

Those turbines froze up for the same reason as the fossil powered plants, and why the roads are practically impassible. You don't generally prepare for a generational event because it is too costly.

One Swedish company, Skellefteå Kraft, which has experimented with operating wind turbines in the Arctic, coats turbine blades with thin layers of carbon fiber which are then heated to prevent ice from forming. Another method used by the company is to circulate hot air inside the blades.

Major wind turbine manufacturers, such as General Electric or Denmark's Vestas, regularly equip their turbines with such cold weather gear.

But you're right Cherry. Trumpians prefer a good lie to the truth.

rightleft22

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 02:43:35 PM »
I actually agree with all of y'all about all that and understand your points but reality and the truth doesn't necessarily have to be at the heart of a good campaign slogan.

That statement just makes me feel sad.
You might want to read the over a few times and ask yourself what kind of world your really aiming for.