Author Topic: The Party of Law and Order and Supporting the Blue  (Read 459 times)

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
The Party of Law and Order and Supporting the Blue
« on: August 20, 2022, 07:57:29 AM »
A GOP candidate said this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-gop-candidate-luis-miguel-050809966.html
Is this guy for real? Should he be listed as a possible terrorist?

The problem with the Right right now is that they only support the institutions when they control them. 

Why doesn't Trump follow the advice from all of his Fox Friends back in the day of the BLM marches and when any black person is gunned down by the cops. Just comply.

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: The Party of Law and Order and Supporting the Blue
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 09:34:33 AM »
Wow, what an absolutely *censored*ty piece of reporting that is.  They don't even provide the actual quote of what the guy said.  I assume you drilled down and found out what he actually said before you decided he was a terrorist right?  How about sharing it with us?

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 09:45:17 AM »
Well the guy posted on all of his social media accounts, and they quote

"Under my plan, all Floridians will have permission to shoot FBI, IRS, ATF and all other feds ON SIGHT! Let freedom ring!"

Anything better than his own words?  If they quoted him wrong please show me?  It is tough to get the twitter posts since I am not on twitter and most of his other accounts have been banned.

msquared

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 11:12:38 AM »
Maybe it is only in FL.  Here is another FL GOP person saying he would kill any FBI agents that showed up at his house.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/body-bag-sarasota-candidate-says-132727227.html

I guess legal warrants done by due process don't matter. 

The GOP Battle cry "Just comply if you are black, otherwise lock and load with body bags."

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:52:01 PM »
Well that's our Florida Man for the day. Must be something in the water.

I don't agree with what he said in any way, shape, or form. But...

Parsing what he said, he stipulated that it is under his plan. Obviously for something like that, the plan would have to be legalized by Constitutional Amendment so it looks like he wants to be one of the New Founding Fathers and institute a modified Purge. Yeah, I don't think I'll be voting for that. Sure it looks exciting in the movies but in real life it would probably look more like Mexico.

DJQuag

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 02:44:49 PM »
Wow, what an absolutely *censored*ty piece of reporting that is.  They don't even provide the actual quote of what the guy said.  I assume you drilled down and found out what he actually said before you decided he was a terrorist right?  How about sharing it with us?

Google is your friend. Instead of implying msquared fell for a *censored*ty piece of reporting, you always could have taken the three seconds to type into Google "Luis Miguel Florida," and found out for yourself.

TheDrake

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 05:23:58 PM »

Google is your friend. Instead of implying msquared fell for a *censored*ty piece of reporting, you always could have taken the three seconds to type into Google "Luis Miguel Florida," and found out for yourself.

Or you know, read the actual article which quoted him. But you have to have enough of an attention span to read past the first few lines. Bizarre silence from the right. I mean, I don't expect them to condemn him, but I do expect them to criticize Twitter for suspending him.