Author Topic: Kudos to Hillary  (Read 1613 times)

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
Kudos to Hillary
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:26:02 PM »
Kudos to Senator Clinton for being the first major US politician that I've seen publicly use the term "Islamism."

Wish she'd done it without the Fox-ism "radical Islam"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-orlando-attacks-reaction/index.html

The disease is Islamism, and that's a term actually coined by moderate Muslims who want to live in peace.

An Islamist is one who thinks that some version of Islam needs to be implemented by force, whether through government coercion or private.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Kudos to Hillary
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:41:58 AM »
Bounced for Al, who doesn't seem to grasp the distinction between Muslims generally, and "Islamists" specifically.  Now that even Al's tin goddess has publicly recognized the moderate muslim exonym for the coercive bastards that drag the name of Islam through the mud, I hope that he will take note of it and grasp that I'm not saying that "all Muslims" [sic] are the same when I condemn IslamISM.

"Islamism" is NOT the same as the Fox-conservative babble about "radical islamic terrorism." 

Islamism, also known as Political Islam (Arabic: إسلام سياسي‎‎ islām siyāsī), is an Islamic revival movement often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt "to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life."
‎Definitions · ‎History of the term · ‎Relation to Islam · ‎Influence

Islamists like the Council on American-Islamic relations" hate the term because it lumps them with ISIS.  Islamist doesn't mean terrorist; it means one who wishes Islam to be enforced by the heavy hand of the state.  CAIR differs from ISIS in the same way that a pro-segregationist differs from the KKK.  There's a difference between someone who wants to accomplish something loathesome by peaceful means, from someone actually is willing to do loathesome illegal and violent things in order to accomplish a loathesome objective.  But that doesn't change the fact that the objective is loathesome.