Author Topic: Meanwhile, across the pond ...  (Read 2778 times)

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, across the pond ...
« on: December 05, 2016, 04:03:33 PM »
British Bobbies battle over bigger boobies.

Can anyone who read the article think of any more appropriate iambic b-words to add to the string?

" the officers were attending a Senior Women In Policing conference at Manchester's Hilton Hotel when Ms Sutcliffe told Supt Jackson her "credibility was zero" after she had a "boob job".
She said her colleague was a "laughing stock" who would be judged professionally ...
Ms Sutcliffe went on to pull down the front of her dress to expose her left breast and said: "Look at these, look at these, these are the breasts of someone who has had three children.
"They are ugly but I don't feel the need to pump myself full of silicone to get self-esteem.""

Well OK then.  Thanks for sharing, Chief.

The article is on boobie see... I mean BBC
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-38175768
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:06:27 PM by Pete at Home »

DJQuag

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile, across the pond ...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 05:40:23 PM »
Drunk person being drunk. What, this couldn't happen in the US?

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »
It would be just as funny if it happened in the US. But as a British educated American, I am offended that you would assume she is drunk just because she is British. When I was in Intermediate school, my teachers almost always showed up to class sober.

I offered it as an example of woman's inhumanity to woman.  I agree this sort of behavior is just as typical wherever humans are placed in authority.  It's classic Alpha mammal behavior to feel threatened by ... enlarged secondary sexual characteristics of a same sex subordinate. That's why the ranch owner picks on Lenny in Of Mice and Men, and why that evil little son of privilege picks on the big gifted guy in the Green mile. 

DJQuag

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »
I didn't assume she was drunk, Pete. I read the newspaper reports and her own explanation of it.

She was *censored* faced drunk.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:21:08 PM »
I didn't assume she was drunk, Pete. I read the newspaper reports and her own explanation of it.

She was *censored* faced drunk.

Well alrighty then. I was just going from the booby see.  Yes, her being drunk makes it less funny, and more concerning.

I think Gross misconduct is too harsh, but I don't think the alcohol is a mitigating factor.  Aggravating, if anything.  But from the story it sounds like she's a great chief most of the time.

DJQuag

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 07:26:01 PM »
She's on of the highest ranking police officers in the UK. Obviously, she's good at her job.

Not remembering the technical terms, what she's arguing for is minor misconduct, which is basically a reprimand, versus gross misconduct, which costs her her job and loses her her career. Seeing this as a case of the office dumbass having too much to drink at the hi day party and doing a strip dance on a table, I lean towards agreeing with her.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »
I absolutely agree with you. as to this not being an offence where she should be fired. Despite the fact that if he were male, he would be screwed.  I don't believe in affirmative apartheid.  One injustice does not mitigate a previous injustice. Let justice be done where political correctness allows it.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 09:07:54 PM »