Author Topic: Misleading or false claims by the media  (Read 37080 times)

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Misleading or false claims by the media
« Reply #500 on: May 22, 2020, 10:14:38 AM »
Meanwhile, potential VP pick Amy Klobuchar talks about how her husband took HCQ. Credits it for saving his life.
Do you have a link to her saying that?  It seems out of character...

Kasandra

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 22, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
Meanwhile, potential VP pick Amy Klobuchar talks about how her husband took HCQ. Credits it for saving his life.

Just need that body count a little higher, right?

The only comment I can find from Klobuchar on this is:

“Well, I think that I listened to the science there. I believe he did briefly take that drug … or some drug like it, but I think that we have to listen to the science and you have to listen to your doctors with what is going to work in each individual situation,”

So, Crunch seems to have taken a lot from that comment (if he heard something more he should share it).  I'd also like to understand what his own comment is supposed to mean.  It sounds nasty and hateful, but it's not clear who it's intended to attack.

Also, Crunch, do you dispute the findings in the Lancet study? 

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 06, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »
Fox News "mistakenly" cropped President Trump out of a photograph featuring accused sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein
New York (CNN)Fox News said on Monday that it "mistakenly" cropped President Trump out of a photograph that featured the accused sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein and his alleged accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell.

"On Sunday, July 5, a report on Ghislaine Maxwell during Fox News Channel's 'America's News HQ' mistakenly eliminated President Donald Trump from a photo alongside then Melania Knauss, Jeffrey Epstein and Maxwell," a spokesperson for the network said.
The Fox News spokesperson added, "We regret the error."
It's not clear how Fox was being most misleading, here: by cropping Trump out, or stating it was done "mistakenly"...

Kasandra

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 06, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
In fairness, it was an honest mistake like all the others.

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 06, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »
How clumsy of them!

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 24, 2020, 06:37:43 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/18/new-document-shows-fbi-totally-debunked-new-york-t/

One of the most glaringly bogus Trump-Russia stories by The New York Times in 2017 was picked apart inside the FBI at the time as containing over a dozen major inaccuracies, a newly disclosed document shows.

Declassified by the Justice Department, the document contains the Times story that reported there were extensive contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence. The document also contains a typewritten critique in the margins by FBI Agent Peter Strzok, who totally rejected the Times’ claim.

And in case you've forgotten who Strzok is: (elsewhere in the piece)

Mr. Strzok, who was fired for his anti-Trump texts, wrote 15 Times story comments, including:

even better(at the end of the article):

But that’s not the end of the story of the FBI’s skepticism.

According to then-White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe approached him and volunteered to the president’s top aide that the just-published New York Times story was bunk.

Mr. Priebus asked if he could say that publicly. Later, the FBI told him he could not. The next thing Mr. Priebus knew, CNN was reporting he some how intervened with the FBI to get it to say something that was false. This never happened, he said. He always wondered if the bureau set him up.