Author Topic: Fathers and Sons, Freddy Mercury, Bohemian Rhapsody, and the “Chosen” moment  (Read 96 times)

Pete at Home

• All Members
    • View Profile
I took Thing Three to see Bohemian Rhapsody this week. And here I thought I would never see a better father son movie then the lion King. I can’t stop thinking about it, And I’m going to go see it again.

I knew nothing about Freddy Mercury until Bohemian Rhapsody. He strikes me as one of the most truly realized human beings that I’ve ever heard of.  I’m filled with admiration for his ex-wife and for his lover that brought such happiness to his life and for the band that was able to work with his quirks and help bring his magic and music to us — Not to mention their own because Freddy was obviously not the only talent in the band!

If I missing out on the more dark and tortured parts of his because the movie was made to be PG-13, that I’m grateful for that, because I had a very hard Christmas holiday, and seeing that movie with my son is one of the most beautiful experiences I’ve had for a long time.

I think the one scene that brings actual tears to my eyes is where Freddy’s father realizes that Freddie has in his own way for filled the family Zoroastrian faith. What he looks on his son with wonder when he realizes what that last big aid concert is all about.  But it looks on his side for the first time in his life not with petty but with A sense of accomplishment and ownership at: This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased.

I am not gay, and I have never rejected the faith if I fathers, let alone the name of my parents gave me. So I really envy and admire Freddie Mercury for securing his fathers approval for what he is.

This seems like a topic that should be close to Orson Scott card is heart.  Freddie mercury is the character with a soul a lot like cards ‘ Anset!in Songmaster.  Astonishing musical gifts, and a tragic love life that violates his traditions and breaks his heart. But Freddie mercury as a victorious and triumphant end because he secures the love and support of his friends , and eventually of his father.

Thoughts?  Is there a better form for this discussion?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:17:49 PM by Pete at Home »