Author Topic: What are Democrats running on in 2020?  (Read 158243 times)

Fenring

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: What are Democrats running on in 2020?
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2019, 12:28:43 AM »
Lol.  Name one alliance we've broken or abandoned.

Ukraine, when Russia seized control of Crimea. Oh wait, that happened under Obama. And it technically didn't violate any treaty or agreement. It simply was a "breach of faith."

Ukraine, when we fomented the antiDemocratic Coup D’etat that persecuted the 40%of Ukrainians who are ethnic Russians, provoking Putin to take the heavily Russian Crimea in the first place.

Which can also be placed at the feet of the Obama Administration.

To be fair I doubt Obama personally vied to get that to happen. If I'm guessing I would suppose that such things were done despite his feelings about it, rather than because of them. That's my theory, anyhow.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2019, 08:53:05 AM »
My guess is that he was bay of pigsed on it by Clinton and the CIA

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2019, 11:18:47 AM »
My guess is that he was bay of pigsed on it by Clinton and the CIA

It was during his second term, Kerry was running the State Department by then, had been for almost a couple of years.

ScottF

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2019, 11:28:00 AM »
Ugh, so gross. How I wish there was someone on the horizon who could execute well and *not be a tone-deaf boor.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1157259424794324992

ScottF

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »
I would seriously consider Yang if he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Seriati

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »
I think this is very interesting, maybe not meaningful this far out, but has to be a little frightening if you are an anti-Trumper:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »
I think this is very interesting, maybe not meaningful this far out, but has to be a little frightening if you are an anti-Trumper:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/

And to think, that's national polling, I don't imagine they're doing breakdowns based on the Electoral College.

Which is another relevant item to the discussion. Dems are still trying to abolish it, and many high profile candidates have proposed trying what FDR failed to do and pack the Supreme Court with Liberal Justices. Because nothing says we care about the Constitution like actively taking measures to make it meaningless while simultaneously claiming the other guy is the threat to the Constitution.

Grant

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2019, 12:01:35 PM »
What are they running on?  Like, what fuels them?  Most of them are running on fantasies, then.  But let's face it,  if Trump were not such a POS, none of them would probably have a hope.   

The Democratic party would probably now be crushed beneath the economic prosperity of a President Bush, or Rubio, or Cruz, or even fricken Carson!  I mean, even CRUZ is not as big an A-Hole as President Trump.  Trump makes Cruz look good.  How is that possible?

Instead, they actually have a chance if they can keep it together and nominate someone not completely insane.  It's fricken hilarious.  It's tailor made television.  Are you not entertained?