Author Topic: They’re all Russian agents  (Read 2250 times)

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
They’re all Russian agents
« on: October 19, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
“I'm not making any predictions, but I think they’ve got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate,” Clinton said of Russia’s involvement in the next presidential election on former Obama White House advisor David Plouffe's podcast. "She's the favorite of the Russians."

During the interview, Clinton also branded former Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein as a Russian asset.

"That's assuming Jill Stein will give it up, which, she might not 'cause she's also a Russian asset." Clinton added. "She's a Russian asset, totally. They know they can’t win without a third-party candidate. So I don’t know who it’s going to be, but I will guarantee you they will have a vigorous third-party challenge in the key states that they most needed."

That’s Hillary, laying out the new talking points that Tulsi Gabbard and Jill Stein are, like Donald Trump, Russian assets. The blue check marks on social media are joining the chorus.

We are reaching the point that anyone not 100% supporting the Democrat party, or in any way threatening its hegemony, are Russian agents. You’re either a Democrat or a Russian. You decide to break from the party, you must have been compromised by the Russians.

This is literally a form of insanity. So many on the left are losing their grasp on reality.

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: They’re all Russian agents
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 01:09:30 PM »
I also found her statement particularly nauseating. 

Her statement made it sound like anyone targeted by the Russians needs to immediately drop out of any race or be labeled an "asset".  Not accused of cooperating or coordinating with them... just being USED by the Russians makes you an asset?  WTF? 

She and the Democratic party loyalist bear zero responsibility for putting Trump in office?  Are THEY all "assets"?  I guess that word is only for those who don't toe the party line?

It IS insanity.  Be assured far fewer of us buy into this BS of our "party leadership" than seems to be the case on your side.   :P

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
Well, she’s not the only one doing things like this:

Kamala Harris claims that Rudy Giuliani has "broken many laws"

CNN's Anderson Cooper asks her what laws he has broken

Harris responds: "Well, I, I, I don't know, we’re going to have to find out"

Harris looked absolutely stunned to even be asked that question.

Literally everyone associated with Trump is a criminal that has “broken many laws”. Nobody knows what laws are being broken but we’re all assured it’s happening and we’ll figure out which ones real soon.

It seems you’re either  a Democrat, or a Russian agent working against America, or a serial criminal now. It’s a pretty totalitarian mindset and it’s endemic on the left now.

Kasandra

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »
"Literally everyone associated with Trump is a criminal that has “broken many laws”"

It's a pretty good guess, given the track record of investigations into so many of his appointees and associates.  As for Rudy, he's survived on bluster, misdirection and pure bluffing.  I can't swear he'll be indicted, and if indicted, tried and found guilty, and if found guilty consigned to prison for a term as long as his 3rd wife would wish on him.  He should go through all of those things, but his best chance to stay out of jail until he dies of prostate cancer (ah, right - he already had it removed) or is assassinated by agents of an erstwhile Russian business partner, is to get a pardon.  My money is on the pardon, which won't stop the SDNY office from passing along their evidentiary material to the state, but it will slow things down.

Crunch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 12:05:38 PM »
It's a pretty good guess, given the track record of investigations into so many of his appointees and associates.

Launching enough “investigations” is proof of guilt. That kind of intellectually bankrupt position will come back to bite if you want to go with that standard.

D.W.

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »
It hasn't come back to bite Hillary yet.   ;D
(Well, it did partly cost her an election, so... lesson learned!)

Kasandra

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 03:28:58 PM »
It's a pretty good guess, given the track record of investigations into so many of his appointees and associates.

Launching enough “investigations” is proof of guilt. That kind of intellectually bankrupt position will come back to bite if you want to go with that standard.

You are very un-self-aware, you realize...

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 01:08:32 PM »
"Literally everyone associated with Trump is a criminal that has “broken many laws”"

And we can go back to an infamous quote from the early Soviet era. Which is applicable in the very regulated and legislated nation we live in today.

It is going to be nearly impossible to find a person alive today who has NOT broken "many laws" the only question is if they've been caught, and if the statute of limitations has run out on being able to prosecute them.

Lloyd Perna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »

It's a pretty good guess, given the track record of investigations into so many of his appointees and associates.  As for Rudy, he's survived on bluster, misdirection and pure bluffing.  I can't swear he'll be indicted, and if indicted, tried and found guilty, and if found guilty consigned to prison for a term as long as his 3rd wife would wish on him.  He should go through all of those things, but his best chance to stay out of jail until he dies of prostate cancer (ah, right - he already had it removed) or is assassinated by agents of an erstwhile Russian business partner, is to get a pardon.  My money is on the pardon, which won't stop the SDNY office from passing along their evidentiary material to the state, but it will slow things down.

This line of thought reminded me of "The Gulag Archipelago"  If you haven't read it, It's worth the effort.

“Andrei Yanuaryevich (one longs to blurt out, “Jaguaryevich”) Vyshinsky, availing himself of the most flexible dialectics (of a sort nowadays not permitted either Soviet citizens or electronic calculators, since to them yes is yes and no is no), pointed out in a report which became famous in certain circles that it is never possible for mortal men to establish absolute truth, but relative truth only. He then proceeded to a further step, which jurists of the last two thousand years had not been willing to take: that the truth established by interrogation and trial could not be absolute, but only, so to speak, relative. Therefore, when we sign a sentence ordering someone to be shot we can never be absolutely certain, but only approximately, in view of certain hypotheses, and in a certain sense, that we are punishing a guilty person. Thence arose the most practical conclusion: that it was useless to seek absolute evidence-for evidence is always relative-or unchallengeable witnesses-for they can say different things at different times. The proofs of guilt were relative, approximate, and the interrogator could find them, even when there was no evidence and no witness, without leaving his office, “basing his conclusions not only on his own intellect but also on his Party sensitivity, his moral forces” (in other words, the superiority of someone who has slept well, has been well fed, and has not been beaten up) “and on his character” (i.e., his willingness to apply cruelty!)… In only one respect did Vyshinsky fail to be consistent and retreat from dialectical logic: for some reason, the executioner’s bullet which he allowed was not relative but absolute…”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

cherrypoptart

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 10:45:48 AM »
Correction. Sort of. I guess.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/turns-out-hillary-clinton-said-republicans-not-russians-were-grooming-tulsi-gabbard-2019-10-24?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

The Associated Press said: “In a story Oct. 18 about Tulsi Gabbard and Hillary Clinton, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Hillary Clinton said she believes the Russians have ‘got their eye on somebody who’s currently in the Democratic primary and grooming her to be the third-party candidate.’ She was referring to Republicans, not Russians, according to an aide.”

Either way, Clinton’s comments were still a slam on Gabbard, who she referred to as “a favorite of the Russians.” Clinton also called former Green Party candidate Jill Stein “a Russian asset.”

------------------------------------------------------------

Not much of a backtrack really. Seems like splitting hairs.

But it's not hard to see why Republicans would push Tulsi. She's is definitely the best candidate the Democrats have running. If for some reason Trump did lose or more likely couldn't run because of health reasons or whatever, she would be the candidate Republicans could live with best. At least she pays lip service to border security. And then of course there is her lion king workout.

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »

It's a pretty good guess, given the track record of investigations into so many of his appointees and associates.  As for Rudy, he's survived on bluster, misdirection and pure bluffing.  I can't swear he'll be indicted, and if indicted, tried and found guilty, and if found guilty consigned to prison for a term as long as his 3rd wife would wish on him.  He should go through all of those things, but his best chance to stay out of jail until he dies of pro state cancer (ah, right - he already had it removed) or is assassinated by agents of an erstwhile Russian business partner, is to get a pardon.  My money is on the pardon, which won't stop the SDNY office from passing along their evidentiary material to the state, but it will slow things down.

That's nauseating.  Are you a Crunch sock puppet?  Because your non-specific but lurid accusations and judgements without thought or analysis, completely underscore what Crunch just said and illustrated with Kemala Harris.

I served mostly the Hispanic and black communities in Vegas as a criminal defense attorney, and I can't tell you how many young men of color I saw thrown behind bars by prosecutors whose philosophy was that even if the defendants were innocent of what they were accused of, that they are guilty of *something*.  This is "literally" Satanism since Satan means "the accuser." Basta

Pete at Home

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »

You are very un-self-aware, you realize...

If he realized that, then he would be self-aware, neh?