Author Topic: Who will be next to speak out about Trump?  (Read 3418 times)

NobleHunter

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Who will be next to speak out about Trump?
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2020, 12:28:09 PM »
Change the laws how? I'm not sure Congress has the power to decide was is and is not the President's business.

LetterRip

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
I think it's tacky, in bad taste, and a long list of other things. But it is legally permissible, so completely up Trump's alley to do.

I don't think it is legally permissible.  The relevant law is only for their government speech, not private speech.  His statements as a private citizen are not to be defended by the government lawyers.

Found a good article that discusses how courts have interpreted the Westfall Act, there apparently is some precendent.

https://www.reuters.com/article/legal-us-otc-carroll/can-trump-rape-accuser-block-doj-takeover-of-defamation-suit-idUSKBN2603C3

I'm curious if the case can/will be remanded to the State Court after removal to Federal court.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:42:52 PM by LetterRip »

TheDeamon

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
Change the laws how? I'm not sure Congress has the power to decide was is and is not the President's business.

This is made possible by an interpretation of the Westfall Act. In that respect, they just amend the Westfall Act to better specify what circumstances can or cannot be applied with regard to the Westfall Act.

Wayward Son

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2020, 01:45:34 PM »
Don't like it? Get the relevant laws changed.

How do you do that when Trump would just veto any such law, and at least a third of the Senate are such toadies they would never disagree with him? ;)

That's why we need him voted out of office (along with as many of his toadies as we can).

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »
Pence's former lead coronavirus task force aide slams Trump and endorses Biden.  Or, with your wml filter turned up to 11, "disgruntled ex employee and snowflake turns traitor."

Olivia Troye, who was a homeland security adviser to Pence and his lead staffer on the White House's coronavirus task force, charged in the two-minute video that Trump failed to protect the American public because he only cared about himself and getting reelected. Troye's criticism is particularly striking because of her role working on the coronavirus task force, which Pence leads.

"Towards the middle of February, we knew it wasn't a matter of if Covid would become a big pandemic here, it was a matter of when," said Troye, who left the White House in late July. "But the President didn't want to hear that, because his biggest concern was that we were in an election year, and how was this going to affect what he considered to be his record of success?"

Tens of thousands dead because he wanted to improve his 'look' for the election.

DonaldD

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2020, 11:02:44 PM »
Has there ever been another president with either as many indicted or convicted members of his hand picked team or as many former administration members who not only no longer support the sitting president's re-election, but who actively oppose his re-election?

The current president owns the record for both, yet his supporters still unquestioningly follow him, even though an unprecedented number of his co-workers are publicly stating that he is not just completely incapable, but also immoral, evil and unworthy of the position.  His own hires are stating that.